Marketing Director F&R
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Strategic and tactical owner of marketing reporting dataset(s), ensuring foundational consistency and accuracy in Marketing Effectiveness products (metrics, KPIs, dashboards and visualizations, scorecards, ad hoc reporting and analysis).
- Maintains up-to-date data dictionary including: user-friendly and technical definitions, and maps of critical data flows to illustrate pathing from data source to end-user report.
- Builds and nurtures internal credibility and alignment by closely partnering with Finance, Marketing Technology & Data, Business Intelligence (BI), and Customer Analytics.
- Continually manages and reviews metadata requirements, capture points, and leverage opportunities to meet overall reporting needs, and lead reporting transformation as business and marketplace evolves.
- Recommend changes to improve the return on investment and profitability of future campaigns, supports with how best to implement these changes
- Assist marketing managers in answering key questions by translating analytic data into actionable information and recommending a course of action.
- Participates as a key stakeholder in all tools, technologies, integrations, and other projects requirements definitions. Shifts reporting from 'afterthought' to Marketing Effectiveness as critical business partner.
- Organizes and oversees 'test-and-iterate' plan to evaluate marketing activity variables. Communicates aggregated findings paired with actionable insights and recommendations.
- Measures marketing operations efficiency and enablement performance impact for transparency and optimization analysis.
- Sustains change, drives internal alignment and enables high-performance marketing by systematically equipping marketers with the required skills, knowledge, and processes to succeed.
- Identifies internal audience needs via skill assessments, and establishes enablement framework to address gaps and opportunities, ranging from new hires and onboarding to continuing education --- boosting talent and best practices in an innovative way to allow for Marketing to thrive.
- Owns the end-to-end communication schedule, delivery, and feedback loop for rolling out training, templates, processes, and insights.
- Development of marketing creative templates (i.e. eDMs, campaign landing pages, etc.)to support with campaign delivery
- Drives regular collaboration among marketing stakeholder groups to share best practices, solutions, and tactical knowledge.
- Advocate critical business needs around leads, and coordinate with technical teams to implement new processes that will support demand creation
- Serves as the Marketing Operations liaison for Lead Specialist teams, and maintains a documented and iterative lead flow management process, in lockstep with Marketing Effectiveness. This includes:
- Optimizes lead scoring methodologies
- Defines data standardization rules to support lead scoring
- Guides the integration of various lead generating sources into Eloqua
- Steers the build of lead specialist workflows to optimize channel performance
- Embraces role as the consolidated Center of Excellence (COE) for F&R GTM Marketing approach to campaign execution and delivery, including process and protocol definition, alignment with Demand Generation, Marketing Technology and external partners (Oracle, SiriusDecisions, CEB, etc.) for optimized use of tools & technologies, and monitoring for consistent delivery.
- Maintains expertise in Privacy, Permission, and Preference Management in partnership with General Counsel, and with Marketing Technology to ensure systematic compliance with all legislation and overall impact to our data capture, store and use
- Strategic owner of our marketing tools and platforms. Continually adapting the overarching logic and framework that fuels our marketing platform and tools.
- Outlines business needs and requirements as well as tests and evaluates marketing capabilities aimed at driving a better set of marketing results
- Continually seek opportunities for process improvement across marketing operations
- Platforms Focus: Eloqua (incl. templates, lead scoring, annual success plan, etc.), Hive9, LookBook, ON24, Enablement Content Systems, TRUST/CRM, application of marketing data.
- Process & Stakeholder Experience Focus: process documentation and management, F&R/NewCo transition planning, advocacy of industry best practices.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree in business or marketing related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience or 8 years experience with MBA
- Direct experience in marketing or demand generation fields
- Proficient with database marketing, and skilled expertise with CRM (SFDC preferred) and Marketing Automation platforms (Eloqua preferred) experience
- Strong understanding of data management platforms and data architecting
- Highly proficient with reporting and data analysis, managing reporting requirements, dashboard builds
- Demonstrated experience with reporting across Salesforce.com, Tableau and BO
- Proven experience navigating complex global and matrixed businesses
- Track record of engaging senior leadership and being a catalyst for change
- Demonstrated experience testing and iterating to optimize lead and channel performance.
- Direct experience in the fintech field or information industry a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong business processes acumen, especially in CRM and Marketing Automation environment
- Cross-functional collaboration / Influencing decisions
- Relationship builder
- Clear understanding of marketing processes and capabilities as well as demand gen strategy
- Strong familiarity with marketing tools and infrastructure to support demand gen processes and lead flow
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in highly matrixed organization, with skill, attention to detail, tenacity, and a focus on results.
- Success in strategy and integration of new marketing technologies
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Must be an individual with initiative and a solutions-orientation.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
This position will coordinate work across cross-functional teams and manages a team of direct reports
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, the role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top