Marketing Coordinator - Awards and Professional Development
Date Posted: July 10, 2017
Department: Media Solutions Canada
Location: 2075 Kennedy Road - Toronto
Marketing Coordinator – Awards & Professional Development
As Marketing Coordinator – Professional Development & Awards, you will manage the development and execution of our Professional Development and Awards portfolio. This includes event management, marketing and promotional activities in support of yearly targets.
This position is responsible for:
- researching, developing, planning and executing conferences, workshops and galas, including: development of proposals and budgets; negotiation of contracts and vendor management; speaker selection and liaison; timeline development; onsite staffing; and registration & event logistics (pre-event, day of and post-event);
- developing and executing marketing campaigns to support revenue targets;
- managing the creation of event collateral. This includes content creation, proofing and creative direction;
- establishing, maintaining and improving relationships with key figures in the relevant industries;
- fulfilling sponsorship and exhibitor contracts;
- reporting on progress and success of the portfolio; and
- creating and maintaining event microsites.You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a university/college degree and 1-3 years marketing/ event experience in a similar role;
- excellent project management and budget planning skills;
- exceptional organization, negotiation, problem-solving, crisis management and customer service skills;
- excellent written and oral communication skills including proofreading and presentation skills. Must be able to compose text, edit and proofread participant materials;
- good judgment, strong decision-making and problem-solving skills. Must be extremely well-organized, detail oriented and able to work independently;
- the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- dependability to work assigned hours to ensure full coverage; overtime is required in order to meet the demands and deadlines associated with the position; and
- superior working knowledge of MS Office (Access, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. We consider work from home arrangements for candidates with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top