We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Legal UKI
The legal business of Thomson Reuters delivers best-of-class solutions to help legal professionals practice the law, manage their organisation and grow their business. Our solutions include Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Westlaw UK, Sweet & Maxwell, Lawtel, Contract Express, Legal Tracker, Elite and IDS.
Our customers rely on us to deliver the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers.
The legal and regulatory world is changing rapidly. We help our customers deliver their services with accuracy, speed and confidence. Through our innovative online products, decision support tools, software and services, we provide the critical information that law firms, barristers, corporate legal departments, the public sector and academics need to work at their best. For more information, visit legal-solutions.co.uk.
Position Title: Marketer, Commentary
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
Deliver the commentary marketing programmes for Legal UKI & Ireland across our commentary portfolio. Channels include customer services, sales, trade, our sister global businesses and ecommerce. Territories include all customer segments across net new business and new business from existing customers. Ensure all activity is highly customer-focussed incorporating relevant and targeted content and messaging that will generate demand. Focus on media neutral, all formats of our commentary offering: print, eBook and online. Track marketing performance of all campaigns against sales.
Internal stakeholders across the UK legal business will include demand generation marketers across our wider team, sales, publishing, heads of strategy, customer services and our global legal demand generation marketers.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Create and deliver media neutral communications and programmes to the legal marketplace across both traditional and digital channels, that are relevant, targeted, interesting and engaging
- Support Commentary Marketing Programme Manager in planning and reporting on our commentary marketing strategy and tactical marketing plans across Legal UK & Ireland.
- Ensure output of team is of the highest quality and customer centric.
- Ensure your campaigns are targeted and that you are utilising our data to optimum effect.
- Be aware of the sales targets, and monitor the sales performance of your commentary titles and campaigns, tailor your plans accordingly.
- Work closely with publishing in order to fully understand the publishing model and complexities to ensure a smooth flow of communication between teams.
- Drive innovation in our Commentary Marketing Programme and challenge the norm, look for ways we can consistently improve our teams output
- Work closely with data and operations to ensure the correct selection of data, optimum selection of communication channel and help drive forward our marketing effectiveness capabilities.
- Protect the brand equity of our flagship commentary titles including Archbold and White Book
- Ensure you tailor your communications to the customer journey and ensure your communications enhance the customer experience
- Work closely with our Content Marketing Lead and Creative Services Manager to deliver the very best content and customer-focused messaging across all campaigns. Focus on the importance of storytelling and ensure every piece of content marketing aligns with our overall content strategy
- Work closely with our Demand Generation Lead to ensure you are using Oracle's Eloqua and Compendium to the optimum level when executing campaigns and following up
- Analyse campaign performance and continually look for ways to adapt and improve your campaigns
- Work closely with the Events team to deliver events that are best-in-class for customer experience
- Keep a close eye on your budget and ensure you are keeping accurate records of your campaign spend
- Deliver cost-effective campaigns on time and to the forecast budget by ensuring thoughtful selection of communication channel and data.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Highly customer-focused with a real understanding of content marketing
- Proven experience with print/subscription based marketing
- Experience working with high volume campaigns
- Good proof reading and copy writing skills
- Relationship management skills and cross-business collaborative approach
- Strong organisational/project management skills
- Strong communication, influencing, negotiating and partnering skills
- A strong team player that is able to support and mentor junior members of the team
- Results driven with significant marketing experience across all areas of the marketing mix
- Thorough understanding of the customer journey, customer experience and content marketing
- Excellent understanding of publishing marketing
- Analytical – keen eye on outcomes and performance metrics
- Ability to write clear, concise and persuasive prose and understands the importance of storytelling
- A problem solver, challenges orthodoxy, drives innovation
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent understanding of the legal market and customer base
- Educated to degree level in marketing or equivalent
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Remote working etc
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top