Market Specialist - Research Data Services, Finance and Risk
Grow Thomson Reuters Quant Solutions market share by proactively developing and deploying domain-based strategies in collaboration with the Solutions Development and Commercial Management teams. Responsibilities include leveraging domain expertise to grow accounts and securing new business. Emphasis on a value based solution sales approach. Be the voice of the customer, feeding client feedback and industry trends into the Strategic Business Unit to inform business strategy.
- Develop Territory Plan to identify sales opportunities at existing customers for Thomson Reuters Quant Platform, Feeds, and analytics business in the West Region. Based in our San Francisco office.
- Develops new opportunities for the West Region, Southwest Region, and Mid Market Accounts. Based in our San Francisco office
- Acts as an advocate for customer needs to Thomson Reuters Strategic Business Units
- Provide Market insight bask to Thomson Reuters to help drive and grow our business
This position can be based in NYC or Chicago.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Deep market understanding including a) expert understanding of financial market b) experience in the quant and hedge fund space
- Strong understanding of customers' business model and workflow; knowledge of Quant Research tech/tools/apps
- Strong solution sales skills – identify, develop, and articulate proposition/consultative selling
- Enterprise-wide Thinking - is highly adept at considering customer's larger business and strategic challenges in an enterprise-wide context and how they might be addressed through Thomson Reuters offering
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to organize and execute a territory plan
- Executive Presence – ability to develop senior level customer relationships to become a trusted business adviser
- Over 5 years of industry, sales, pre-sales, or market experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top