Market Specialist - Pricing and Reference Data, Boston
Grow market share by proactively developing and deployingdomain-based sales strategies in collaboration with account management and utilizingspecialist knowledge to deliver gross sales. Major emphasis on opening up newbusiness, both within existing accounts and new customers. Focusing on growthbased on a value sale. Assist in key retention situations as required. To viewthe full job code description, copy and paste the following url into yourbrowser to access the GRF site, https://reachingourpeople.com/career-development/global-role-framework/.
This role is responsible for growing revenue within theAmericas region. This individual will beresponsible for communicating Financial & Risk's vision and strategy toensure Thomson Reuters achieves significant market share growth across thefinancial, insurance, corporate, government & regulatory market segments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Senior level person who can communicate client and/or industryshifts, changes and reactions, as well as client needs back to appropriatelevels within Thomson Reuters
- Leverage their knowledge of current financial market dynamics toenhance relationships with customers and help them realize bottom line benefitsfrom the use of Thomson Reuters solutions and capabilities.
- Perpetually build new keycontacts and establish a presence across the whole of the clientsorganization/business units based on their knowledge of the market.
- Create and present at industry conferences,forums, private briefings etc. around topics such as MiFid, TCO/ManagedServices, Supply Chain Management, Big Data, Financial Regulatory Change &Compliance, Machine Learning/Artificial intelligence, Future of Trading,Blockchain, Market Structure etc.
- Continuously maintains contactwith customers for the goal of seeking actionable client feedback to supportcustomer defined products and services and bringing internally to ThomsonReuters as an advocate in development efforts from the customer's viewpoint.
- Responsible for being a thoughtleader within Thomson Reuters and the industry.
- Responsible for mentoring otherswithin Thomson Reuters to help them understand how customers use and extractvalue from Thomson Reuters products.
- Seen by Thomson Reuters customeras the go-to-person to discuss key industry issues.
- Drives collaboratively withwider Thomson Reuters team (Commercial Management, Solutions Sales, Product andMarket Development) to ensure all units are working toward Thomson Reutersbusiness strategy and initiatives while providing key Account Plan input.
- Responsible for achieving annual sales andrevenue growth targets
- Is diligent in maintaining current knowledge onindustry issues and Financial & Risk's product solutions; attendsconferences, association meetings, and trade shows to represent the firm andmaintain understanding of industry requirements
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years record ofsuccess in a sales environment focused on new business revenues
- Knowledge and experience working in or sellingto the front, mid and back office functions within the Financial ServicesSector
- Structured methodical and hands-on approach tomanaging their business
- Strong, communication skills with a 'flexibleprofessional attitude'
- Comfortable communicating at all levels in anorganization including C Level
- Ability to interact with customers in aconsultative, face-to-face selling environment in a way that builds value forthe customer and facilitates opportunities for future sales.
- Displays a deep understanding of our customers,applies knowledge of business and market dynamics to provide value-addsolutions and services.
- Must be familiar with selling solutions
- Experience in identifying and cultivating newclient relationships and use of prospecting tools.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced,rapidly evolving and expanding product sales environment.
- Builds constructive relationships across theorganization with key business partners – including other Sales Teams, MarketDevelopment, Pre-Sales, Professional Services, Alliance Partners, ProductManagement, Marketing, Operations and Finance – to drive the business forward.
- Excellent collaboration skills required.
- Strategic thinking skills; demonstrated abilityto plan and execute sales strategies.
- Ideally the person will have an existing networkof business relationships within the geography from which they can leverageopportunity
- Able to travel to customer locations throughoutthe region (estimated 30% travel).
- Minimum of 7 years financial services industry experience within-depth knowledge of financial markets.
- Must possess strong existingclient relationships within the industry and a proven track record inpartnering with clients at senior management at all levels.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top