Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent Thomson Reuters as a subject matter expert within specific key areas of growth, such as real time market data, pricing & reference data feeds, commodities, banking and research, trading, or quant analysis data/tools.
- Responsible for achieving annual sales and revenue targets.
- Grow new and existing business revenues by meeting and consulting with potential new prospects and existing customers.
- Lead product demonstrations to prospects, clients and partners.
- Maintains a high standard of professionalism in representing Thomson Reuters with colleagues, clients, and the industry.
- Maintain current knowledge on industry issues and Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk's solutions; attends conferences, association meetings, and trade shows to represent the firm and maintain understanding of industry requirements.
- Represents the customer and market requirements by working collaboratively with the Financial & Risk Product Development Teams and providing client feedback to these internal departments.
- Responsible for negotiating and closing multi-year agreements
- Manage client and Sales Management communications, sales pipeline within Salesforce.com.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years' experience in a front, mid or back office role, or experience with a technology provider selling directly to the financial industry.
- Deep Understanding of market data and applications used in the financial industry, such as risk systems, order management systems, execution management systems, enterprise data management systems.
- Knowledge of regulatory, technological and market structure changes affecting the financial industry.
- Structured methodical and hands-on approach to managing their business
- Strong, communication skills with a 'flexible professional attitude'.
- Comfortable communicating at all levels in an organization including C Level.
- Ability to interact with customers in a consultative, face-to-face selling environment in a way that builds value for the customer and facilitates opportunities for future sales.
- Experience in identifying and cultivating new client relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving and expanding product sales environment.
- Highly ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation.
- Strategic thinking skills; demonstrated ability to plan and execute sales strategies.
- Ideally the person will have an existing network of business relationships from which they can leverage opportunity
- Able to travel to customer locations throughout the region.
- Experienced in using a CRM (i.e. Salesforce.com) system to manage and drive results.
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset.
Undergraduate degree is required. MBA/CFA preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top