Market Development Manager, Risk, North Asia
Market Development Manager, Risk
Financial and Risk
Go to Market (GTM)- Asia
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organisation.
The Market Development organisation plays a key role in setting the overall Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk in Asia. Market Development is responsible for Marketing, Sales Strategy, Business Development, Driving Growth Opportunities and Maintaining existing business. Finance & Risk is a $6bn Division globally, and focusing on providing data, news, analytics, risk and workflow solutions to the Financial community across all asset classes and customer segments.
The MDM is responsible for defining & driving the Risk business growth & retention priorities in Asia. They are responsible for identifying key regional growth opportunities within client segments and/or client user types. They are responsible for the day to day oversight of the business performance as well as tracking and implementation of the execution for the strategy to defend and grow the business within Go-To-Market (GTM).
The MDM is the regional "go to" client segment & user proposition expert within GTM. They are the conduit for the regional "voice of the customer" back to Design and Manage (D&M), to ensure focus on deliverables towards regional growth priorities. They will drive field marketing activities, actively defining the value proposition in support of growth & retention priorities - both externally as well as internally.
- Set the Risk business growth & retention priorities based on detailed analysis of business performance, product rationalisation, market sizing and opportunity prioritisation
- Identify new business opportunities to grow the Risk business in specific market segments based on detailed sizing
- Identify the key regions, associated value proposition and execution plan to ensure the opportunities facilitate growth
- Responsible for ultimate growth and retention execution, programmatically driving prioritised business plans and campaigns to achieve targets
- Collaborate with Regional Sales & Client Specialist Management to align objectives and targets for respective business in the region, with the associated strategies and plans to achieve them
- Provide input into resource level determination in support of retention & growth focus
- Maintain a regular operating rhythm with the regional sales & support teams to systematically drive the regional agenda for the respective business and mobilise client facing teams to deliver business objectives and revenue targets programmatically
- Validate Regional strategy & value propositions with customers and document feedback to defining growth & retention potential prior to launching new propositions
- Collate and prioritise detailed client requirements for D&M based on constant client interaction
- Work with Regional Sales & Account Management on strategic deals and renewals to grow the business or retain customers, maximising client value & footprint, including advising/ approving commercial terms
- Forward manage all key renewals based on contract, usage and active risk management ensuring 'total' business management of existing strategic customers
- Initiate and manage industry association and strategic relationships in the region to achieve business goals, represent the business and act as the senior representative for the relevant client segment & business priorities in the region
- Own/ Develop the relevant Portfolio of key customer contacts, including key Heads of desks, key influencers & C level executives ate key banks, financial institutions & corporate
- Provide 'expert knowledge' based input to the definition of the "customer learning experience" for delivery to frontline specialist and support teams
- Provide expert knowledge based input for internal learning programs e.g. New Starter Induction or on-going learning programs (e.g. Monthly updates, Learning calls & Boot-camps)
- Provide focus for Field Marketing in the definition/ prioritisation of key industry event participation, TR hosted thought leadership events, client events/ bright-spots, internal staff events (Hard Talk/ Lunch & Learn/ educational Boot-camps/ monthly proposition & performance updates)
- The Market Development Manager role will be located within the Region of focus
- Travel within the relevant region will be required & determined by business priorities
- University degree, industry qualification e.g. ACI Diploma/CFA/ISMA, post graduate in Business would be a plus
- Understanding of the Risk industry in Asia
- Understanding of the Risk tools used by professionals (Desktops, trading tools, technology infrastructure)
- Ability to present and demonstrate TR solutions as an answer to the customer need and challenges
- Ability to translate market trends into business plans and execution of these plans
- Maintain senior and strategic client and industry relationships
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills including influencing at a high level and lead teams and stakeholders to achieve a common objective
- Strong organisational, communication and presentation skills
- Languages required should support your regional business
- Demonstrate a blend of strategic and operational skills
- Experience operating in a matrix organisation, including stakeholder engagement and influencing management
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top