Market Development Manager, FX, Post Trade
MarketDevelopment Manager- Post Trade
Go to Market(GTM) - Asia
We are the leading source of intelligent information for theworld's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitiveadvantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence,industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers withthe knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliverthis must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting,and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is looking to recruit an experienced managerfor the role of Market Development Manager - Post Trade. This role is under MarketDevelopment Asia vertical for the Finance & Risk Division and will be basedin Hong Kong. This is an exciting role which combines businessdevelopment and execution strategy with a high level of autonomy,responsibility and accountability for revenue performance.
The role is responsible for driving all aspects of theFinance & Risk post trade business and GTM execution strategy in North Asia.The individual will report directly to the Head of Post Trade, MarketDevelopment Asia and will be an integral part of the regional FX marketDevelopment team. Engagement with local and global teams to leveragecapabilities and functions in North Asia will be important to ensure the bestoutcomes in driving revenues and creating strategic opportunities.
Candidates must have strong FX and Post trade marketknowledge, good interpersonal skills, an eye for detail and able to deal withhigh stress situations in a dynamic environment. The candidate will haveexperience in supporting established software and/or information services tothe Foreign Exchange Financial community. They will be a proven self-starter,be able to manage user relationships, provide a high level of customer serviceand have a good level of technical product knowledge.
The Market Development organization plays a key role insetting the overall Thomson Reuters GTM market strategy for Financial &Risk in Asia. Market Development is responsible for Marketing, SalesStrategy, Business Development, Driving Growth Opportunities and Maintainingexisting business. Finance & Risk is a $6bn Division globally, andfocusing on providing data, news, analytics, risk and workflow solutions to theFinancial community across all asset classes and customer segments.
- Work closelywith the market, regulators and market bodies as well as leveraging thecapabilities within the Thomson Reuters franchise
- Identify new post trade product or functionality enhancements to address theclient's/bank's needs in the region
- Ensure deliveryof the FX post trade business priorities and local go-to-market strategy
- Partner with theGTM frontline to deliver and drive post trade execution strategies and revenuegrowth
- Identify,develop and launch growth opportunities in the region
- Assist GTM frontlinein large post trade customer negotiations
- Provide voice ofthe customer feedback to FX Market Development Asia team, suggesting andcollaborating on business cases, partnerships and M&A opportunities whereappropriate
- Drive ThoughtLeadership, industry memberships and external branding and events.
- Connectregularly with stakeholders from other parts of the business to convey localneeds and execute global business plans
Required Skills and Experience
- 8 or more years of proven experience in a relationshipmanagement, sales or client services environment
- Experience working with a post trade services solution, FXor other financial markets software product via either a vendor or bank
- Understanding of the local FX regulations, OTC derivativesreforms in post trade and global best practices like FX Code of Conduct iscritical
- Thorough knowledge of front-to-back office workflow isessential
- The candidate must be a highly professional, self-motivatedand organized individual with a proven track record of exceeding targets anddriving revenues
- Key areas of competence are: Relationship Management, FXtrade life-cycle workflow, E-trading and Business Process Management
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organisationalcapabilities as well as analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Understanding of Cantonese is highly advantageous
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top