Market Development Manager, Corporate & Supply Chain, ASEAN
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is looking to recruit an experienced professional to lead the Corporates & Supply Chain business within the within the Financial & Risk Division's Go-To-Market (GTM) organization for ASEAN. This is an exciting role which combines business development, strategy and general management with a high level of autonomy, responsibility and accountability for revenue performance.
The individual will report directly to the Head of Market Development Corporates & Supply Chain Asia and will be responsible for driving ASEAN's Corporates & Supply Chain business strategy, defining actionable GTM plans and helping to drive strategy with various teams in a matrix environment.
The Market Development organization plays a key role in setting the overall direction for the Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk division in Asia. Market Development is responsible for taking market themes and translating into actionable GTM strategies for sales, business development, driving growth opportunities and maintaining existing business. Financial & Risk is a $6bn Division globally, of which key focuses are risk, data, news & analytics solutions to treasury/finance, operational risk, supply chain & corp development workflows within large corporates.
- Drive the overall Corporates & Supply Chain revenue performance for ASEAN
- Ensure delivery of the Corporates & Supply Chain business priorities and local go-to-market strategy
- Identify, develop and launch growth & retention strategies in the region including leading strategic client engagements to gain market insights & industry challenges
- Drive Thought Leadership, industry memberships and have active input into external branding & marketing plans
- Build & maintain key relationships with customers, associations and consultants in region
- Partner with the Head of Sales & Account Management to deliver and drive an effective revenue generating strategies
- Provide voice of the customer feedback on existing propositions to global teams, suggesting and collaborating on business cases & partnerships
- Connect regularly with stakeholders from other parts of the business to convey local needs and execute global business plans
- Drive internal knowledge of the Corporates & Supply Chain workflows and our proposition
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 5 years commercial/business development/management experience
- Understanding of large organization workflows in Asia across one or more of finance/treasury, commodities (one or more of oil, energy, metals and agriculture) and supply chain
- Experience managing and operating in a matrix organisation, including stakeholder engagement and influencing management
- Proactive and extremely execution focused
- Hungry for career development and advancement
- B2B sales experience/exposure a plus
- Understand the key corporate workflows that relate to our products and customer types
- Ability to speak and present to customers (gravitas, confidence)
- Strategic and analytical (ie can put together a business plan)
- Existing relationship with corporates or related communities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Also would consider who have a sales background, but are strategic
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top