Market Data Product Manager, Reuters Consumer
Reuters,the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largestinternational multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion peopleevery day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, andinternational news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world'smedia organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.
Reuters Consumer is an agile digital publishing business in the heart of the world's largest news organization. Our mission is to be the premier source of news for global professionals. We combine technology and editorial innovation across Reuters.com and Reuters TV to deliver a powerful experience to over 50 million monthly users on the web, mobile and set-top-boxes.
The Market Data Product Manager is a full-time position in our New York City, Times Square office. This is a unique opportunity to join a consumer media group with one of the world's leading content producers and brands. You will be responsible for strategy, roadmap and feature definition for all company and quote data on across Reuters.com products. You must have an understanding of the financial markets and knowledge of the best way to present this data for consumer consumption. Ideally, you will have the ability to manage multiple priorities, are execution focused and a have a demonstrated track record of excellent results with the goal of delivering high-quality user experiences.
- Own all of Reuters.com markets and quote content
- Deliver world class market data tools that will drive usage and retention
- Define strategy and manage your product roadmap, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
- Identify, gather and prioritize product requirements and opportunities based on business metrics
- Collaborate internal as well as third party vendors for content integration
- Work directly with Engineering, QA, Design and Edit teams to guarantee a smooth implementation
- Leverage data analytics to make decisions, but know how to make the call when all the data isn't available
- Conduct competitive and market research to understand the current landscape, trends and emerging opportunities, and recommend improvements
- Operate with significant autonomy to deliver results and achieve both team and broader organization's goals and objectives
- Rethink and revamp the Reuters.com market data experience
- Build compelling market data tools to be used across web and mobile to increase user loyalty
- Be a subject matter expert on market data content and visualizations
Desired Skills and Experiences
The ideal candidate for this role will be an individual with solid experience working as a product manager with market data content (preferably on a large scale website) who is looking to gain and develop experience at one of the world's leading content producers and brands..
- Significant experience (min. 5 years) working as a product manager
- Knowledge of Agile development practices and the full product life cycle
- Outstanding attention to detail, time management and the ability to multitask
- Knowledge of global financial markets, different asset classes and market data tools
- Understanding of digital media landscape
- Passion for building world-class products with great user experiences
- Data driven mentality
- Ability to perform competitive analysis
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working with global and remote teams in a matrix environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Delivers through execution
- Sound judgment
- A sense of humor always helps
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top