We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Market Analyst
There is currently a need for a market analyst within the loan market analyst group at Thomson Reuters LPC. The analyst will work closely with the analyst teams in London and New York, to 1) create new data product offerings and 2) use Thomson Reuters LPC's unique data and community relationships to create valuable analytical content on our products.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Job responsibilities will include:
- Use Thomson Reuters LPC data, market contacts and other sources to produce aggregated statistics and analyze trends in the loan market.
- Maintain and grow relationships with Thomson Reuters LPC's clients and contacts to ensure that we proactively understand market trends, and that we are meeting their needs with our content offerings. This may entail attending client visits, giving presentations or being a point person for client issues.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports. Write short- and long-form feature articles covering trends in the market
- Respond to data queries from both internal and external clients and provide high-level support to such users.
- Assume ownership of data quality for specified markets and products.
- Verify the accuracy of data received from various sources, and ensure that it is properly captured and stored to facilitate distribution to clients and analysts.
- Identify market needs and product deficiencies, as well as operational inefficiencies, and recommend improvements.
- Participate in project work related to covering specific aspects of the market
Essential Skills and Experience:
The position will be filled with a candidate meeting the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Solid PC skills (Excel, Access, Word, SQL)
- Familiarity with financial markets, preferably debt capital markets. Knowledge of the Syndicated Loan Market is a differentiator.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Must be well organized
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well within the context of a team
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top