Manufacturing Client Services - Account Manager
MCS Account Manager
Serves as primary contact and advocate for assigned customers to optimize production to meet/exceed cost, quality, and delivery targets.
Performs Material Req Planner 2 responsibilities as assigned by the business.
Plans the materials and production processes required for production orders for a broad group of products. May perform MCS Account Representative 2 duties as assigned by the business.
- Proactively builds relationships with internal and external customers.
- Facilitates transfer of documents, copies, and samples among MCS and production departments.
- Monitors job status and communicates as needed.
- Follows up to ensure dates are met.
- Represents interests and needs of customers and manufacturing in all decisions.
- Captures and reports customer feedback.
- Identifies and reports recurring problems.
- Provides quotes.
- Leads special projects to improve workflow, systems, processes and procedures.
- Leads tours of the manufacturing facility and trains other guides.
- Performs Material Req Planner 2 responsibilities as assigned by the business.
- Performs system testing as necessary.
- Coordinates and verifies specifications, materials & scheduling for each job.
- Identifies process requirements for finished good production orders.
- Determines lot sizes for general shipment and replenishment orders.
- Creates and releases production orders to communicate all details necessary to ensure accurate production.
- Forecasts products in SAP.
- Maintains material master data.
- Collaborates with production and/or other internal departments..
- Serves as a resource to the Production Account Coordinators.
- Supports other production needs as requested (e.g., flex labor needs).
- Scope and Impact
- Responds to non-standard requests from customers.
- Interprets customer inquiries or requests and takes appropriate action to produce high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Recommends and takes ownership for process improvements.
- Identifies and solves a range of problems whose solutions are within standard guidelines and policies.
- Recommends and takes ownership for process improvements
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft applications. High level of proficiency in SAP
- Knowledge of printing methods, equipment capabilities and material requirements
- Knowledge of scheduling and forecasting processes
- Mathematical, analytical and logic skills
Relationships: Internal / External
- Develops and maintains respectful and productive working relationships with customers, co-workers and the management team.
- Develops working relationships across production departments to build knowledge of manufacturing
- equipment, capacity, processes and materials.
- Has a strong commitment to customer service.
- Develops strong relationships with internal and external customers.
Certifications / Education
- Some experience in printing or manufacturing
- Some customer service or account representative experience
- Some experience as a production planner, scheduler or in manufacturing and/or printing following bachelor's degree
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top