Manager/Senior Manager, Real Estate Finance
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
In supporting the monthly financial reporting and analysis processes, the Manager will:
- Review the monthly financial data reported for corporately-managed costs (approx. $350M/yr)
- Develop detailed analysis of monthly cost variances vs. plans, prior months & prior years
- Communicate monthly results to the ET&O, Real Estate and Real Estate Finance teams
- Develop & update presentations to senior Corporate and SBU executives on these results
- Review and report on the monthly financial data reported across the entire Real Estate portfolio
- Review and report on the monthly operating metrics pertaining to the Real Estate portfolio
- Maintain and update critical RE-related financial data and infrastructure (e.g., SAP hierarchies)
- Coordinate with global colleagues to ensure integrity & consistency of processes & financial data
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Real Estate Allocation
In supporting the project requirements of the Global Real Estate function, the Manager will:
- Provide ad hoc financial and analytical support on a range of additional projects
- Develop financial models to analyze complex business scenarios, and communicate results
- Provide financial review of key real estate transactions (principally leases)
- Provide financial & analytical support for Corporate transactions (acquisitions, divestitures, etc.)
- Collaborate directly with Real Estate staff on key analytical projects (e.g., external surveys)
- Support the Real Estate – Portfolio Management team in analyzing operational alternatives
- Be principally supervised by the Vice President, Global Real Estate Finance
BA in Accounting, Finance or related field is required
MBA in Finance / Management is helpful
Additional professional training in Accounting & Finance is helpful
Minimum 5-7 years direct work experience in finance or accounting
Excellent understanding of accounting fundamentals
Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, especially complex financial modeling skills
Excellent skills with Excel, including pivot table analysis
Excellent skills with Hyperion Smart View Excel Add-In
Excellent skills with Access, including ability to create models from the ground up
Familiarity with all other Microsoft Office software: Word, PowerPoint, Access
Strong attention to detail but with bias toward action and issue resolution
Ability to multi-task, managing time and competing priorities in a dynamic environment
Excellent communications skills with both peers and senior leaders at multiple TR units; emphasis on clarity and responsiveness
Ability to work across complex, global and cross-functional teams
Strong personal initiative – ability to work independently & effectively with minimal supervision
Personal commitment, and demonstrated ability, to completing deliverables reliably, accurately and on time
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality when working with sensitive / non-public information
Ability to manage a team
Experience with monthly financial close processes and related variance analysis
Working knowledge of SAP general ledger accounting & Essbase reporting systems
Working knowledge of Hyperion enterprise planning tools
Expert knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Access applications
Exposure to external financial reporting requirements - e.g., IFRS disclosure rules
Exposure to commercial real estate issues
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top