Manager, User Experience
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs more than 60,000 people in 93 countries.
We are looking for a Manager, User Experience, to lead a team of UX designers focused on tax and accounting solutions. The team is part Central User Experience Group (Central UX), which is engaged in reshaping entire market-leading product lines. The group is cross-functional, diverse, focused, fun, practices Agile/Lean UX and reports into the Office of the CTO. We have a large product portfolio that we are unifying with a brand new, top-to-bottom design. Our clients are professionals from around the world who are accustomed to using sophisticated applications with rich interaction models. The ideal candidate is an effective people manager with significant experience leading and inspiring designers to create holistic, intuitive and elegant experience solutions for Mobile and Web. The Manager, User Experience reports to the Director, User Experience, and collaborates with the business leads and product teams to develop and execute a user experience strategy.
- Manage and lead a team of designers
- Define the user experience roadmap, plan and priorities for the product platform
- Develop and execute project plans for individual product and overarching platform initiatives
- Ensure that initiatives tie back to the overarching UX strategy for the division
- Work closely with the business leads, product management and the development teams to execute the roadmap
- Build business cases and communicate plans to senior management
- Provide design and creative direction and ensure a high level of quality and consistency
- Lead the creation of, and evangelize, new user interface guidelines, standards and design patterns
- Drive innovation and quality, inspiring UX staff and product teams to deliver superior, market-leading digital solutions that delight our users
- Lead the process for validation and testing of designs with users
- Hands-on design work is expected initially
- 3+ years leading UX teams in a multi-product line company
- 7+ years experience designing user experiences in a product centric environment
- Experience in establishing and leading design processes
- Ability to plan and execute multiple projects with varying timelines and align those with the overarching roadmap
- Ability to build business cases for user-centered design processes
- Ability to effectively evangelize user-centered design
- Creative thinker who can provide effective design direction and mentorship resulting in innovative, game-changing experiences
- Strong knowledge of user-centered and visual design principles, methodologies and best practices
- Solid understanding of modern Web and Mobile development technologies
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Bachelor's degree in a design-related discipline
- Must provide a portfolio of work produced by the candidate and teams they led
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top