Manager, Storage Engineering
The Manager, Storage Support and Engineering will be responsible for operations and engineering across DCIS Storage Infrastructure for Thomson Reuters. In this role, you will lead multiple teams that set architectural directions and transform them into supportable storage technology standards within Thomson Reuters data centers while overseeing the day-to-day support. As the manager, you will ensure that the storage infrastructure effectively supports the ongoing business operations, revenue and strategic direction.
To achieve success, this position will need to work closely with data center infrastructure services teams to ensure that the designs created meet defined technology requirements and are supportable on a large scale. This position will also be responsible for partnering with vendors to understand technology trends and how they can be used to improve performance, efficiency and meet the Thomson Reuters businesses technology requirements.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Define and develop hardware, software, monitoring and configuration standards aligned with DCIS Architectural policy
- Maintain infrastructure development roadmap that aligns with DCIS architectural policy and business unit requirements
- Drive technology concepts in partnership with DCIS Architecture and transform them into functional solutions that benefit the company, driving cost savings where possible
- Provide global storage support for hardware and software
- Ensure storage support is well positioned and trained on how to support new solutions
- Collaborate closely with Support and Life Cycle Management teams to keep the HW/SW infrastructure stacks at supported standards
- Enforce storage standards and identify areas for improvement
- Drive storage automation efforts with a focus on self service offerings leveraging the SRE methodology
- Enhance automation of common tasks and develop self-healing methodologies throughout the enterprise
- Partner to develop a storage catalog of services for all of the storage team customers
- Stay current on the key facets of the applications that leverage the underlying storage and backup infrastructure; supported technologies and engineering standards and new technologies to understand possible implementations in the data center
Leadership & Communication (20%)
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members
- Lead talent acquisition, and talent retention and development efforts for team
- Mentor, coach and train team
- Ensure team meets or exceeds group performance targets and objectives
- Communicate and escalate operational, technical, and resource issues with management on a regular basis
- Translate highly technical solutions/problems to audiences at varying technical levels
- Communicate risk assessment
Management & Administration (20%)
- Plan and manage budget for new solutions, growth and tech refresh projects
- Manage project investments to plan and organizational financial targets
- Leverage Thomson Reuters scale to drive down vendor costs
- Contribute to, influence and direct a variety of projects concurrently
- Deliver continuous service improvement through delivery of process, automation and Operational efficiencies in collaboration with L2 Support
- Participate in initiatives to define, measure, and report on Infrastructure quality and stability
Business Acumen and Strategy (20%)
- Develop close partnership with supported business units and other DCIS teams
- Develop close partnership with L2 Support to ensure smooth operations
- Communicate regularly with BU leaders, ensuring team is providing required services
- Communicate regularly with Leadership team ensuring team is providing required services
- Remain aware of impact of new projects and technical impacts to supported systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience in leading high performance teams and forging professional relationships with key customers and suppliers
- A thorough knowledge of storage technologies as well as understanding delivery and support processes.
- 7+ years of technical experience with the following:
- Netapp NAS storage infrastructure and tools
- EMC VMAX, EMC Avamar, or TSM and associated tools
- Brocade or Cisco Fibre Channel infrastructure and tools
- Working experience with large data center migrations and technology refreshes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including both oral and written proficiency. Ability to clearly articulate concepts and strategies to multiple levels within the organization and across technology partners
- Experience managing large, unstructured issues, organizing them into solvable, prioritized projects designed to meet over-arching goals across the organization
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top