Manager, Software Test
The Manager, Software Test will work with and manage a team of approximately twenty, many of whom are offshore. The successful candidate will be considered a subject-matter expert in Software Test or Software Quality Assurance testing, have excellent logic and problem solving skills and a drive to make a difference.
Thomson Reuters Legal Enterprise Solutions consists of the Thomson Reuters Elite and Serengeti businesses and is a leading developer of integrated information solutions for legal firms, professional services firms, and corporations worldwide.
Thomson Reuters Elite is a premier provider of financial and practice management systems to the legal industry and to other professional services markets, including marketing services, and management and IT services. Elite develops proven software solutions and delivers expert professional services that help customers enhance their core business competencies and sharpen their strategic focus. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Elite maintains offices worldwide. More than 60% of AmLaw 100 and Global 100 law firms rely on Elite solutions to manage their business.
Serengeti Law, a Thomson Reuters company, is a leading provider of legal workflow solutions to corporate legal departments worldwide. Serengeti Tracker is a SaaS application and is the No. 1 ranked matter management and e-billing system among corporations and firms, providing the data and analytic tools to enable legal departments to efficiently track, control, manage, analyze, and report on legal activities worldwide.
- Strong soft skills, strong communication skills, ability and willingness to develop genuine relationships with team members. Servant leadership style, strong understanding of organizational health and continued education in this area. Holds team members accountable to goals and commitments.
- Manage SDETs and Manual QA testers.
- Help manage and grow a test framework currently in use.
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments.
- Be an advocate for Test Automation and Continuous Integration and Deployment within the confines of our product space.
- Communicate with other management, developers, product managers and technical support specialists on product issues.
- Provides timely status updates for areas of team responsibility within projects to management, potentially including senior leaders, initiating escalation when necessary.
- Works with minimal technical and management guidance.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
- Participates in employment decisions and salary recommendations as appropriate.
- Provides technical mentorship and coaching to staff with management guidance.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of their team including skill development, career development, performance management, objective setting, etc.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in information technology, computer science, or similar, and/or 6 years equivalent work experience.
- 3 years experience in OOP with C#, VB.Net or similar.
- 3 years experience in testing
- Experience working on non UI testing frameworks: API, web services, REST and SOAP, back-end testing, test data management, mocking, etc…
- Experience filing bugs and tracking/driving issues to closure. Ability to write effective reproducible test scenarios.
- Experience executing performance and load tests, analyzing results and identifying bottlenecks preferred.
- Experience testing applications developed in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java Script, Jquery, Linq, QCF, XML preferred
- Experience testing applications implemented with Silverlight and WPF preferred.
- Experience writing SQL queries preferred
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with tools: Visual Studio, MSTest, SQL Server, Microsoft Test Manager or Test Hub preferred.
- Experience with testing financial applications, particularly accounting applications a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Good debugging skills.
- Experience with VCS, Issue tracking and Continuous Integration Systems. We currently use TFS for all of these.
- Demonstrates an eagerness to obtain domain knowledge in order to effectively leverage technical qualifications.
- Understanding of organization's development platform and languages.
- Ability to understand technical issues.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated.
- Team-player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential.
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Collaborative in driving decisions.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of offsite software and system applications management.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top