Manager, SEO and Paid Search
Are you someone who wants to make an impact in your marketing organization? Do you love leading a team of savvy SEO and Paid Media Managers? We're looking for a Manager, SEO and Paid Media to join our growing digital marketing team to lead search all search strategy, reporting and optimization efforts across Thomson Reuters Legal. This is a great opportunity to influence an organization on the important role of SEO and Paid Media, and develop our strategy in Demand Gen Marketing.
- Manage and lead team of in-house SEO and Paid Media Managers; share your passion for in-bound marketing and play an active role in their career development
- Collaborate cross-functionally with global demand generation teams to achieve collective digital marketing lead acquisition and conversion goals
- Champion the power of SEO, SEM and other paid media in driving traffic and qualified leads across the organization and key stakeholder groups, including marketing, development, corporate communications, social, creative services
- Develop and oversee execution of multi-year SEO and Paid Media strategy based on business objectives; understand go-to-markets to identify when Search makes sense as a marketing tactic in our demand gen campaign efforts
- Work closely with search team, Web Marketing team and Digital Marketing team to develop processes for planning and execution of in-bound marketing initiatives
- Represent Legal in Enterprise efforts to improve customer search experience
- Oversee management of Paid Media, including paid search, remarketing, and display, with internal Paid Media team. Develop strategy for paid media tactics and optimize media mix to maximize ROI.
- Oversee management of SEO strategy with internal SEO team
- Identify technical issues that impact SEO performance; work with SEO managers and Web Product Manager to implement new capabilities to better support SEO
- Work with our digital analytics and insight team to utilize data and develop reporting to measure progress, business results, and to reassess search priorities. Communicate results to key stakeholders
- Partner with UX and Web Marketing teams to implement changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Keep the organization up-to-date and ensure we're delivering best-practice search marketing capability across the business
- Responsible for managing vendors and paid media budgets
Education and Experience
- 8 years in B2B SEO and Paid Media
- 3 years of team management experience
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing or related field
- Adwords Certified
- Master's degree preferred
- Proven SEM experience managing million dollar budgets
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong, professional team player who can communicate, collaborate and influence effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, along with exceptional ability to forge strong cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders
- Demonstrable understanding of all aspects of web strategy, including but not limited to information architecture, user experience, web design, web development, content strategy, search, conversion optimization, and analytics. Agile / Scrum experience; experience working with modern development environments for web and mobile.
- Expert understanding of all aspects of SEO, including but not limited to search engine algorithms, searcher intent, content strategy, information architecture, website code, and analytics.
- You'll have the skill, attention to detail, tenacity, and a focus on results, working patiently with cross-organizational teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate complex information to various levels within the organization and obtain buy-in
- Experience with BrightEdge reporting, Adobe Analytics, and other SEO/PPC tools
- Proven ability to analyze data from multiple sources to identity key decision points in reporting and translate that data into insight and actionable items that will impact the business.
- Understanding of CMS, HTML and CSS, and familiarity with adjacent integrations including marketing automation, CRM, or similar technologies. Experience or familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) CMS is a huge plus.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top