Manager / Senior Manager, Professional Services
Thomson Reuters' ONESOURCE suite of products helps multinational corporations comply with ever-changing tax, accounting, legal and regulatory requirements across the globe.
Reporting to the Head of Professional Services, Corporates, Europe, this role will require the successful candidate to develop and manage a growing multi-disciplinary professional services team in Poland, which will collaborate with colleagues in the UK and elsewhere in Europe to implement Thomson Reuters' products for companies. This role is client-facing, requiring a good working knowledge of tax and accounting and experience of working on indirect tax technology implementations, plus an understanding of ERP requirements. Fluency in English is required and other European languages, particularly German, would be a bonus.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Manage and develop a growing professional services team based in Poland, focusing on implementation of Thomson Reuters' products for companies, predominately though not exclusively, those focused on indirect tax compliance. Supervise the work the team - allocating resources, prioritising tasks, coaching, delegating, and managing performance appraisal/development. Also recruiting new joiners as required and facilitating their on-boarding and ramping up.
- Manage professional services engagements and take ownership of deliverables to ensure quality implementations through the phases of project initiation, design, build, test, deployment and post go-live support as necessary.
- Act as a key point of contact and escalation point for customers during implementation projects. Identify and develop opportunities for additional professional services.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders. Liaise internally with product, content and sales teams as required, as well as with external implementation partners. Play a key role in supporting the sales team to demonstrate the value of professional services and produce work estimates and statements of work (SOWs).
- Ensure operational requirements, standards and best practices are factored into plans. Contribute to ongoing refinement and development of operational requirements and standards. Assess implementation processes for improvements and efficiencies across the project management phases, drawing from personal experience, market trends and emerging technologies to deliver an enhanced customer experience.
- Monitor project budgets, including backlog and revenue forecasting, as well as team utilisation and client billing.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of international indirect tax requirements and regulations.
- Proven experience in enterprise software implementations, project life cycles and software implementation methodologies, particularly those focused on indirect tax. A working knowledge of ERP systems, particularly SAP, is also required.
- Project management and team leadership, possibly gained through working for a consulting or professional services organization e.g. a systems integrator, Global 7 professional services firm etc.
- Ability to independently coach, mentor, and motivate project teams to influence a positive, accountable, and collaborative approach
- Effectively communicate project expectations to all team members and stakeholders including management, business representatives, partners, customers, and consultants.
- Fluency in English is required and other European languages, particularly German, would be beneficial.
- Experience of implementing ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Compliance or a similar product.
- ERP experience, particularly SAP experience (ABAP, FICO, SD & MM).
- Knowledge or experience of other tax and accounting technology implementation, for example, statutory reporting or global trade would be a bonus.
- Candidate must be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- A recognised qualification in tax or accounting e.g. ACA, ACCA, CTA etc
- Project management (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2) desirable, but not essential
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top