Manager, Sales Training and Development
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead and motivate a team of sales trainers who will develop content, facilitate training programs and provide coaching guidance for new and tenured sales professionals for the purpose of improving the performance of our sales organization.
This position will lead new hire onboarding as well as product and skills training for designated sales and client management roles through strategic partnership and collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Sales Enablement, Product and other key stakeholders with the goal of developing education strategies and solutions that support our business objectives. Collaborate closely with peers on the design and delivery team, training consulting and project management teams to deliver projects in a timely, cost effective and efficient manner. This position will manage the coordination and implementation of high quality learning experiences, measure effectiveness and drive strategies that continuously improve our impact on the business.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Manage, coach, develop and motivate a team of training experts to partner across the Thomson Reuters enterprise to develop and implement learning solutions.
- Build and foster a strong partnership with the design and development team based on collaboration, trust and performance.
- Collaborate with peers on department strategy, design and development, resource planning, project prioritization, process improvements, workflow, team member effectiveness and metrics management.
- Build, coordinate and implement strong onboarding and ongoing education programs for designated sales functions and channels.
- Conducts assessments for determining the training requirements for internal customer base, including product and skills training for sales professionals, and develops strategies to accommodate.
- Adopt industry best practices and develop department processes that will drive excellence in our program offerings.
- Develop and maintain collaborative consulting relationships with senior level stakeholders across the Legal business to identify learning needs aligned to business objectives.
- Partners and consults with senior stakeholders to deliver proper curricula and programs that meet needs, including increasing channel revenue and effectiveness.
- Maintains an ongoing line of communication with sales leadership to ensure training programs are relevant and effective and learners and their managers are held accountable for their role in the onboarding and development process.
- Collaborate with BU and global training personnel to ensure comprehensive, high quality and appropriately scaled training solutions.
- Lead and support smaller projects from intake to execution, including scoping, resource allocation, timelines, project deliverables, stakeholder management and change management.
- Create and execute a training strategy that is aligned with business outcomes.
- Direct the team with responsibility for assigning work, monitoring results, controlling costs, driving improvement and determining effectiveness.
- Meet regularly with stakeholders to ensure training effectiveness.
- Creates and executes a training strategy that is aligned with business outcomes.
- Serve as point person for designated sales channels and/or marketing segments.
- Recruit, onboard, coach, develop and retain effective team of trainers that can think strategically and bring strong facilitation and coaching skills to the table.
- Create an environment that fosters innovation and collaboration across training and our stakeholder teams.
- Establish criteria, formulates projects, and assesses effectiveness for projects with a significant business unit impact.
- Conduct training both in person and using live online training via WebEx Training Center, when appropriate.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3 years of training management and/or sales management experience required.
- Ability to connect with the business, the training team and key stakeholders quickly
- Ability to collaborate extremely effectively in a highly matrixed environment.
- Training experience with large accounts in online information, software or business-to-business solutions preferred.
- Passion for professional development of self and others.
- Ability to lead a team of trainers in order to deliver business outcomes.
- Possess a broad knowledge range of current technologies to work effectively and to achieve enhanced business outcomes.
- Ability to understand the business context in which the company operates; this includes understanding the company's and competitor's offerings.
- Ability to communicate effectively face to face, in videoconference and in telephone conversations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing; including the ability to present information, strategies and proposals in writing in ways that facilitate understanding.
- Strong project and program management skills, effectively establishing priorities and managing workload in order to achieve intended outcomes within allocated timescale and resources.
- Ability to develop training designs and implementation of programs.
- Experience with our understanding of industry marketing and training solutions.
- Leadership experience with the ability to influence and lead effectively.
- Legal industry or law firm experience is a plus, but not required.
- High level of professionalism.
- Excellent writing, organization, prioritization, presentation and communication skills.
- Understands principles of adult learning.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top