Manager - Project Management
The role entails working for financialinstitutions and large investment banks, supporting the Firm's equityderivatives and prime services businesses. In addition to this, the person willalso need to lead projects from several other sectors including real estate,telecom, healthcare, pharma, energy, media, manufacturing. The person mustpossess strong interpersonal skills and will be required to have extensiveclient management experience to be able to lead multiple client engagements.The primary responsibilities include:
- Managingteams and workflow in reviewing and analyzing OTC derivative documentation(ISDA and ancillary agreements), repurchase agreements, GMRA, GSLA, primebrokerage documentation (including prime brokerage agreements, securitieslending and ancillary agreements) and various other types of agreements formingpart of a financial deal.
- Overseeing contract abstraction engagements involvingreview of key data points from a wide variety of documents including PatentLicense Agreements, IT Procurement Agreements, Web Hosting Agreements,Confidentiality Agreements, Software and Data License Agreements, VendorServices Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, etc.
- Working closely with the SME to understandthe nuances of the project and ensuring its successful implementation duringthe course of the project.
- Actively participate in new clientonboarding, liaise with sales and client to understand the specificrequirements, work closely with in house SMEs to estimate project efforts,prepare proposals, initiate conversations with the relevant stakeholders andact as a bridge between client and the team.
- Ensure successful implementation of theproject and be responsible for end to end project management including workflowand data management, people management and client management. Lead projectswith minimum oversight, be the point person for the client and the project teamfor general issues.
- Lead project teams effectively creating anenvironment that fosters core values and provide guidance to others. Should becapable of generally achieving the respect of direct reports and juniorpersonnel.
- He/she should assume overall accountabilityof team's performance and be involved in appraisal discussions.
- Innovate and improve upon current processesand techniques.
- Be proficient in MS excel, project managementtools and techniques, outlook and MS Word.
- Documenting quality and leverage use oftechnologies and analytics in the contract life cycle management environment
- Complete client relations / businessdevelopment training and provides guidance to Director, VPs and EngagementManagers on BD opportunities and strategies
- Language/communicationskills enable effective escalation and ability to clarify language in documentsand contextual meaning and editing on some occasions; Lead client calls; Ableto effectively gauge client needs even if not expressly stated; be the mainpoint of contact for internal as well as external representatives in connectionwith particular projects
Minimum of 4 years of experience (includingtime spent with either a corporate house, major law firm or as in-house counselto a financial institution).
- A proven record of completing complexdocumentation within very tight time deadlines
- PMP, Prince 2 or similar certification isdesired.
- Goodanalytical and logical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strongfollow-ups
- Excellent client service and internalcoordination skills as part of a project team.
- Ability to collaborate closely withstakeholders from different disciplines, and within a team formed infurtherance to a particular mandate.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multipletasks simultaneously and maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with a keen desire to succeedand contribute to the business.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to a team basedworking environment
- Proficiency in MS-Excel, Word, PowerPoint andOutlook.
- Must have: Graduate degree
- Desirable: LL.B.
- 4 – 7 years
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top