Manager, North America Facilities
The Manager, North America Facilities for Global Real Estate and Facilities Management (GRE&FM) role within North America is directly responsible for the oversight and management of facilities services to support the needs of the business. This includes the implementation of corporate programs and policies, management of 3rd party suppliers and achieving deep engagement with business leaders to maximize the utilization or real estate assets and improve productivity to drive growth across the enterprise.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
This position ensures the delivery of GRE&FM services (representing Facilities, Security, EH&S and Design & Construction) within the corporate office portfolio across North America by partnering with internal and third party service providers.
- Works as part of a cross functional team to deliver world class services to support the business including facilities services, project management, technology, building security, branding and environmental health & safety.
- Partners with 3rd party service providers and customers on change management to align business objectives with new programs and corporate priorities.
- Responsible for customer relationship management in the region including building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and managers.
- Manages and administers operating and capital budgets and financial performance working closely with 3rd party providers including glide path savings.
- Represent the businesses and interface on their behalf with project management teams to minimize impact to business operations during renovation and construction work. Collaborate with property owners and managers, project management, facilities operations, building security, EH&S and ITS to deliver projects on time and under budget.
- Align policies, processes, and best practices with business line strategies, thereby maximizing the value that GREFM delivers to customers
- Deliver communications, reports and analysis to customers, stakeholders and management in writing and through business presentations.
- Manage customer relationships, monitor quality of service and collect customer feedback. Escalate performance issues as appropriate.
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend opportunities to maximize corporate real estate and workplace service agreements.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's degree required in a relevant discipline (preferably finance, management, or engineering)
- Master's Degree in business administration is desirable
Knowledge and Skills (Minimum requirements):
- 5 years management experience working in a Facilities function with an outsourced delivery model
- Customer relationship management and ability to interact and effectively communicate with senior leadership
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Financial analysis and business acumen skills
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the enterprise
- Basic CRE knowledge and business skills (operations, project management, financial, customer service, benchmarking & metrics)
- Collaborative work style
- Ability to influence and navigate a complex matrix organization
- Multi tasking and fluid prioritization of work is critical due to the dynamic nature of the business
- Flexible, creative and open minded and results oriented
- Travel within North America is required
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top