Manager, Indirect Tax Professional Services
Business Unit: Tax and Accounting
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and the government. Headquartered in Toronto, Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting division has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney and Toronto.
Position Title: Manager, Indirect Tax Professional Services
Location: The role is primarily based in London but with some travel, mostly within the UK/EMEA region.
Requisition No: JREQ104941
The market leading ONESOURCE suite of products helps multinational corporations comply with ever-changing tax compliance and accounting requirements in a range of countries. ONESOURCE is used by more than 400 large multi-national corporations.
The role will require the successful candidate to manage professional services engagements to implement the ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Compliance software. The role requires a good working knowledge of Indirect Tax Compliance (including VAT, ESL, Intrastat, Spanish SII and SAT-T) and would suit a qualified accountant or tax adviser who has previous experience of implementing or using Indirect Tax Compliance software, together with experience of managing a wide portfolio of clients.
ONESOURCE (formerly Abacus) is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management. (www.onesource.thomsonreuters.com/regions/emea)
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Manage professional services engagements to implement ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Compliance, through the phases of project planning, solution design, build, test and rollout. Provide post go-live support as necessary.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers. Liaise internally with product, content and sales teams as required as well as external implementation partners.
- Ensure client documentation, manuals, processes and procedures are updated regularly.
- Provide training for clients and implementation partners, including development of training materials.
- Ensure operational requirements, standards and best practices are factored into plans. Contribute to ongoing refinement and development of operational requirements and standards.
- Monitor project budgets and client billing.
- Manage a small team of professional services consultants, allocating resources, prioritizing tasks, delegating, and managing performance appraisal/development.
- Assess implementation processes for improvements and efficiencies across the project management phases, drawing from personal experience, market trends and emerging technologies to deliver an enhanced customer experience
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Proven team and managerial skills, including delegation and coaching.
- Indirect process knowledge and strong knowledge of indirect tax principles.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong account management skills.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Competent problem management, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to work within a team to successfully deliver projects or resolutions to escalations
- Experience of software upgrade processes, migrating a client between instances of software and proven methods in addressing associated challenges would be a real advantage.
- A demonstrable interest in technology and previous experience of using Indirect Tax Compliance software; previous software implementation experience would be a real advantage.
- Candidate must be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Qualified in tax or accounting (e.g. CTA, ACA) desired, but not essential
- Project management (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2) desired, but not essential
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top