Manager, Financial Modelling & Conversions - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
Financial Modelling & Conversion Team provides support on a wide range of Thomson Reuters Excel Add-in products. This involves building/converting financial models for our investment banking, sell side research, asset management, government and corporate clients and handling bespoke requirements of these global clients. As manager of this team, you will be managing a team of 10-15 employees including Specialists and Associates. You will also oversee upgrade/displacement projects, service delivery, stakeholder management, talent development and will lead several initiatives that FMC runs to improve our processes. You will also ensure that clients obtain maximum value from the Thomson Reuters Excel based products by deploying the right resources into the right processes. We are looking for high-calibre individuals who can manage a team of dynamic and passionate intellectuals, and who can take his team to newer heights of performance and engagement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the FMC head, the Manager will be responsible for managing a team of 10 to 15 Specialists/Associates.
Specific management responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the team follow standard support procedures and strive to deliver excellent customer service.
- Will be leading, supporting, directing and overseeing global trials, and rollouts undertaken by FMC.
- Maintaining a standard operating rhythm with the team: 1-2-1s, team meetings, regular performance appraisal.
- Holding first level of responsibility in assisting employees with development within the role and further career development.
- Responsible to groom the team to improve the enterprise and the product knowledge continuously.
- Monitor assigned work-streams and team engagement.
- Drive and Support team to meet TAT, Quality & Performance Metrics.
- Responsible for effective project planning and ensure equal allocation of work and responsibilities within the team.
- Identify, initiate and execute process improvements that result in internal efficiencies and improved customer satisfaction.
- Monitor client satisfaction statistics and report any concerns to leadership team and/or other relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
- Will be responsible for talent attraction, recruitment and retention.
- Responsible for driving performance, improving efficiencies, utilization, customer satisfaction scores and service delivery.
- Work with Sales Specialists and Project Managers to ensure that all Thomson Reuters Excel based projects contribute to new business generation as well as growth at existing accounts.
- Connect and discuss with Account Managers/Project Managers on a regular basis to review all account information and update them about the progress on high profile projects.
- Communicate regularly with Product Managers regarding Client and Specialists feedback.
- Provide Thomson Reuters Excel Add-in training to clients via Webex/online tools. Conduct on-site training/demo as appropriate.
- Regularly communicate the project status to the FMC Managers.
- MBA with concentration preferably in finance or finance-related major.
- Candidates pursuing/cleared any level of their CFA (AIMR) would be highly desirable.
- Experience: 7 to 10 years experience in financial services (with 2 to 3 years of management experience in sell side/asset management, project management and people management).
- Candidates must be detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills. Should be sound on financial concepts and should have solid customer service exposure.
- Highly self-motivated individual, with a positive & pro-active attitude to work, willingness to make changes to improve operational efficiency through innovation, process and procedures, and adopting and adapting to ideas and practices from elsewhere.
- Experience preferred in building detailed comps model such as DCF, LBO, Precedent transaction models, Peer group comps models, Merger arbitrage models and other valuation models.
- Knowledge on Thomson Reuters content and products.
- Excellent Computer skills - especially Microsoft Excel and VBA(not mandatory).
- High level of engagement with internal groups-GTM & Proposition-to deliver highly customized solutions to end-users.
- Curios and ambitious to learn and master customer workflows and then visualize, design and execute bespoke solutions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and expected levels of service quality.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and delivering all of them on time by meeting desired service expectations.
- Strong personality, ability to stand up to senior management and project managers if required to pursue rigorous operational and service standards.
- Should have a track record of commitment in delivering excellent customer service.
- Strong managerial skills, leadership skills and ability to drive a performance driven culture
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top