The role involves being a leader ofmultiple contract abstraction projects involving diverse teams spread acrossmultiple locations globally. Successful execution of this role will require:
- Experience with Contract life cyclemanagement especially Contract Abstraction including Obligation Management,Database Management and Data Migration. Serve as an in-house subject matterexpert for delivery teams working on reviewing, analysing and extracting keydata points from a wide range of contracts including Patent License Agreements,IT Procurement Agreements, Web Hosting Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements,Software and Data License Agreements, Vendor Services Agreements, MasterServices Agreements, Statements of Work, Purchase and License Agreements,Sponsor Research Agreements, Inter Institutional Agreements, Supply andDistribution Agreements, Staffing, Consulting and Teaming Agreements, LeaseAgreements, Estoppels and SNDAA and other commercial contracts.
- End to end project management includingpeople management and client management. Lead projects with minimum oversight;point person for the client and the project team to spot/address/escalate all subjectmatter issues.
- Documenting quality and leverage use oftechnologies and analytics in the contract life cycle management environment
- Substantial knowledge of contractmanagement platforms, including managing assignments, system workflows(including the ability to suggest changes to workflow)
- Go-To resource for the clients, who theclients can reach out to in connection with a project, discuss new ideas andworkflows
- Ability to collaborate closely withstakeholders from different disciplines, and within a team formed infurtherance to a particular mandate.
- Leads project teams effectivelycreating an environment that fosters core values by practicing Core Values andproviding guidance to others. Generally achieves the respect of direct reportsand junior personnel. Conduct project specific training sessions; mentor/guidejunior team members. Responsible to track team's performance and be involved inappraisal discussions
- Complete client relations / businessdevelopment training and provides guidance to Director, VPs and EngagementManagers on BD opportunities and strategies
- Must have expertise to conductscoping/background research and should be able to draft effective proposals forprospective clients. Assist in the RFPprocess.
- Language/communication skills enable effective escalation andability to clarify language in documents and contextual meaning and editing onsome occasions; Lead client calls; Effectively communicate with the client withrespect to instruction changes, suggestions for changes, andseeking/interpreting guidance; Able to effectively gauge client needs even if notexpressly stated; be the main point of contact for internal as well as externalrepresentatives in connection with particular projects
- Responsible for driving the recruitmentprocess for hiring new recruits into the abstraction team.
- Expectedto innovate and improve upon current processes and techniques
- Strong understanding ofcontract lifecycle management and understanding of diverserange of contracts
- Intimate knowledge of market standardswith respect to various contract platforms and artificial intelligence
- Good analytical and logical skills
- Meticulous attention to detailand strong follow-ups
- Excellent client service andinternal coordination skills as part of a project team
- Ability to prioritize and handlemultiple tasks simultaneously and maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Proven record of completing complex documentationassignments under very tight time deadlines
- Strong written and oral communicationskills
- Self-starter with a keen desire tosucceed and contribute to the business.
- Strong presentation and trainingskills; project-specific training is a core responsibility
- Enthusiasm and commitment to working aspart of diverse team in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency in MS-Excel,Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must have: Law degree
- Desirable: LL.M.
- 5 – 7 years
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top