Manager, Business Intelligence and Strategy
F&R GTM Americas
Manager, Business Intelligence
We are seeking a business intelligence manager for GTM Americas within Financial and Risk. This role will be critical to executing on key initiatives in support of the strategic agenda for GTM Americas – to accelerate the achievement of sales targets and drive the effectiveness and efficiency of the sales team.
This role will include focus on identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through analytics. As such, this role will require an understanding of propositions across all of our customer segments; apply a 'big data' approach to analysis by comingling discrete data sets (e.g., financial, CRM, etc.); and ultimately, develop/maintain a tool to deliver insights as to where GTM Americas can sell more. The ambition would be to support Market Development and the sales team to interpret opportunities suggested from the tool to: Simplify the development and creation of campaigns; size opportunities for sub-regional activities in conjunction with Market Development; and to increase sales effectiveness.
Leveraging these analytic skills, the incumbent will also lead/support on-demand sales analyses and executive-level briefings. Examples of this may include: partners portfolio reviews, deep dives, quarterly reviews, etc.
Significant collaboration and partnership across GTM Americas is required. The incumbent must have strong communication, analytical and organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple project work streams, and the ability to work well across teams in different functions.
- Support GTM Americas by partnering with Market Development, Finance, Sales Operations and Customer Operations to develop sales analytics tools (e.g. Tableau Sellers' Maps, Corporate 360) that empowers Market Development to discern actionable insight and enable Sales Managers drive sales.
- Turn insights into action. Leverage analysis and work across the Business Planning & Operations team to make the sales organization more effective (e.g. territory planning, sales motions)
- Align with "Big Data" teams across the organization to support GTM Americas growth aspirations (e.g. white space analysis)
- Develop an operating rhythm with Sales Organization to collect and maintain competitive insights. Publish report with consolidated feedback for Market Development, which can be used for strategic reviews
- Act as central point during strategic reviews. Collaborate on internal presentations and analysis for senior management and to the broader organization
- Support Market Development and Business Operations ad-hoc initiatives that provide actionable insight. Initiatives will typically include strategy, research & analysis, operational planning & process
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- BA, MBA Required
- 7 years Strategy, Finance or operations experience
- 5 years Financial Services Industry experience
- Strong strategic, critical thinking skills. Ability to solve problems quickly and creatively.
- Confident and decisive, can connect to and influence colleagues of all levels (including executives / senior management)
- Data management system (SAP BOXI, EDW) and CRM system (Salesforce) experience
- Data visualization experience (Tableau)
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) experience
- Proactive and execution focused
- Passion for career development and advancement
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top