Manager, Business Development - MN
- Manage and coach Corporate Investigative Sales Development Team to meet (and exceed) targeted KPIs and Quotas.
- Continually monitor the sales activities of direct reports and provide guidance and direction as needed to achieve (and exceed) daily, monthly and yearly sales targets.
- Provide regular assessment of sales agent's productivity and effectiveness to both the individual sales representative as well as sales management staff.
- Build and administer coaching, development plans and training opportunities for all direct reports as needed. .
- Educate staff on best practices in sales tactics and techniques via weekly sales meetings and other ad hoc methodologies (e.g., team meetings, activities, etc.).
- Maintain a leadership role with sales leaders and attend sales leadership meetings.
- Develop and implement motivational incentive programs.
- Assist with sales policy procedure development.
- Manage individual and team sales forecasts and pipeline.
- Maintain a solid understanding of products and services being offered. Know how they are being used in the accounting profession, to the degree in which you can assess the applicability of the products/programs to our customers/prospects.
- Maintain a strong competency in all databases, tools and processes used in the sales process.
- Create training documentation and best practices to replicate success.
- Create coaching and mentoring program to prepare top talent for next opportunity in the sales organization.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years Sales Management experience or experience in a sales leadership role and appointment setting role.
- Proven track record of consistently achieving and exceeding objectives, revenue targets and product sales targets.
- Demonstrated understanding and successful history of needs based selling
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution, persuasion and negotiating skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and influence others over the phone and in person
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated success in a changing and high paced environment
- Working knowledge of PCs, Windows, Microsoft Office, networks and Internet
- Ability to apply competitive information in the sales process
- Demonstrated abilities in using sales tools including sales pipelines, sales campaigns/lists, sales forecasts and call center metrics.
- Some travel is required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top