Manager - Advanced Analytics
Your Impact at FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters
The Manager of Advanced Analytics & Data Management is responsible for leading a team of analysts to developing FindLaw's analytics insights information delivery processes to enable informed business decisions and improve value delivery to FindLaw customers.
- Advanced BI & Analytics
- Lead a team of data scientists and analysts developing repurposable insights from FindLaw's data (e.g., customer attrition risk models, content classifiers, customer segmentation & clustering analysis).
- Partner with Technology to implement processes and platforms enabling FindLaw to regularly and rapidly move advanced analytical insights into production systems and workflows.
- Reporting Infrastructure & Enablement
- Rationalize and streamline FindLaw's tools and technologies enabling business user access to data.
- Collaborate with Performance Analytics partners to define and implement mechanisms for non-analytical users to access dashboards and self-help to data.
- Customer Value Articulation & Decision Support
- Work closely with customer and customer-support team liaisons to deliver analysis, reports and dashboards that help show customers the value they've received and guide supporting teams' decisions in solution setup and configuration.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 5 years experience working on digital marketing analytics and data; deep familiarity with relevant metrics and concepts.
- 5 years direct experience with web delivery/analytics platforms such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, DoubleClick or Google AdWords.
- 3 years direct experience in accessing data via relational databases, data structures, data marts, SQL; experience with HDFS systems and tools preferred.
- 3 years managerial or leadership experience (team or projects).
- Strategic, analytical thinker with demonstrable ability to conceptualize how information and insights derived from it can be used to solve strategic business problems.
- Self-directed, self-motivated individual with demonstrated strengths in planning, project management and delegation to execute against deadlines. Solid sense of ownership and dedication to continual improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to use advanced analytics/statistical techniques (e.g., multivariate regression, clustering, predictive modeling) to answer business problems; familiarity with analytics software packages such as R, SAS.
- Good communication and visual presentation skills; ability to convey complex analysis and concepts effectively to diverse audiences with diverging needs for detail.
- Demonstrable experience with BI/reporting toolsets such as Tableau, MicroStrategy and Business Objects; hands-on experience in leading deployment and support of such tools for the enterprise.
- Bachelor's degree or significantly demonstrated relevant experience required; advanced post-secondary degree preferred.
FindLaw is the leading provider of business development solutions for law firms and home to the largest online destination for people with legal needs (www.findlaw.com). Our integrated marketing solutions help law firms grow their practice through strategic marketing approaches that get results. The growth and success of our business is the direct result of our diverse teams of talent that are creative, dynamic, and just plain knowledgeable. We recruit and retain the best professionals from across the country that bring an array of expertise to the table, including legal experts, tech talents, marketing wizards, data geeks, and digital strategists.
Our benefits package includes all the usual suspects: medical, dental, retirement savings, paid time off, etc. In addition, people grow here. We've worked hard to make this a great place for our people to contribute so they can grow and help us grow. As part of the global Thomson Reuters family, employees benefit from unlimited career development opportunities to help them on their professional path of success.
This part is about you. Are you a motivated professional who has a natural bias towards action? Are you a natural collaborator who knows how to advocate for your position yet respects the value of different perspectives? Do you know your stuff and still want to learn even more? Do you understand that being competitive means being flexible and knowing that change can be fun? Do you care about culture and understand that you play a role in shaping it? Most importantly, do you find yourself nodding "yes," as you read this job description? If so, you should work at FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top