Management Information Analyst
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: MIS Business Analyst
Position Type: Permanent
The Business Analyst works within the MIS Reporting team which is part of Risk Managed Services focusing on operation excellence to enable scale and acceleration of growth for the RMS Business at Thomson Reuters as it expands the solutions. The MIS Reporting team is responsible for developing and/or executing existing processes to compile and distribute reporting information to various business departments. For example, daily progress metrics for production staff stats.
The successful applicant acts as a liaison across business units to ensure that standard to complex reporting are delivered to the end users in a timely and accurate manner. The ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced, deadline oriented, team environment is vital to your success.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Identify and develop new management information (MI) initiatives as well as improving the quality and efficiency of MI production
- Support the Global RMS teams with all essential research, data and metrics requirements, analysis, planning and mapping
- Collect and analyze data for various areas of the business
- Compile and publish daily, weekly and monthly metrics (MI reports) for clients and production departments in a timely manner
- Review MI reports prior to publication to identify & correct errors and inconsistencies
- Identify source data required for MI reports and communicate with the staff responsible for providing this data
- Identify process improvements and submit change requests to improve the way in which MI is compiled to reduce errors and inconsistencies
- Compile supporting materials such as power point presentations for management meetings
- Review and responds to queries from internal and external clients
- Document the processes and procedures for compiling and distributing MI reports
- Contributes to and supports strategic client planning and portfolio mapping
- Work with various business departments to agree & schedule the distribution of MI
- Work with the relevant internal teams and other stakeholders to fulfil requests for new MI reports and/or changes to existing reports
- Build strong partnerships across business units
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience of identifying and capturing client requirements then writing functional specifications for reporting purposes
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel, VBA and Macro skills – ability to manipulate data and create summary views
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Broad experience of data integration and data distribution, proven ability to analyze, map and distribute the data to best business benefit
- Strong business writing and communication skills to effectively communicate with team managers and the leadership team
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to produce timely and accurate information
- Ability to identify potential issues and problems and take relevant actions to introduce change
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Professional in attitude and appearance
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in use of database software
- Experience with creating MySQL or Oracle SQL select queries
- Domain experience – Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Experience in use of BI applications such as Tableau, Cognos, etc
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top