Maintenance Mechanic 5 - EL1001
- Install, repair and provide electromechanical and mechanical support for the installation, repair and maintenance of electronic/electrical controls and mechanical systems on manufacturing machinery.
- Perform skilled duties in the installation and maintenance of a variety of electrical equipment.
- Diagnose electrical, programmable controller and mechanical malfunctions, determine and perform corrective action required.
- Replace, repair or adjust defective or worn electrical system components. Determine the correct method and sequence of operation, selection of materials to be used, and work direction.
- Work closely with production machinists.
- Replace, adjust and calibrate components to align control
- apparatus to required operating specifications.
- Work closely with and coordinate procedures with other resources such as electrical engineer,production machinist, etc., on the installation of new equipment or the changeover of plant layout requiring the movement of machines and control equipment.
- Assemble, test and modify motor control devices, programmable controllers, transformers, and other electrical components.
- Develop and verify electrical documentation for facilities and equipment, wiring diagrams, procedures and related data.
- Use lock out – tag out procedures applicable to equipment when servicing,
- repairing, or installing.
- Use safety equipment to comply with state and federal regulations, report all safety and environmental hazards, and attend safety and environmental training programs.
- Present a self – motivating image and positive work attitude supporting personal and departmental goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Complete repairs in a timely manner and follow up with customers to ensure work was complete and effective.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- Expert at unbiased writing, expert decision maker, working knowledge of risk management, basic
- awareness of investment banking, expert at mitigating conflict.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of general mechanical, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Skilled in maintenance and repair of magnetic and electronic control systems. Technician-level design capabilities.
- Capable of making specific suggestions on system design improvements or modifications and installing per blueprint.
- Thorough understanding of electrical safety practices. Demonstrated PLC knowledge to include: reading and understanding ladder logic, I/O fundamentals, downloading procedures, and comprehension of programming procedures.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of clearly explaining thoughts and events verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated skills using special testing instruments such as oscilloscopes, synchroscope, galvanometer, voltmeter, strip chart recorders, electronic counters, analog converters, etc. to test circuitry and machine components.
Certifications / Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent or substantial development after high school OR High School
- Diploma or equivalent plus a vocational/technical degree in industrial electrical maintenance,electrical technology or applicable course of study.
- Maintenance, Journeyman or Masters Electrician License.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top