Thomson Reuters is seeking a Legal Writer to deliver legal analysis and current awareness information for legal practitioners across a broad range of practice areas that may include data privacy and security, energy, environment, insurance, and/or related topics. The Legal Writer will research, write and publish timely legal analysis articles on developments in litigation, legislation and regulation.
Legal / Product & Editorial / Legal Writer
- Write high-quality articles daily.
- Prioritize concurrent projects to meet challenging deadlines.
- Maintain competence in civil procedure and select areas of law.
- Analyze and anticipate interests of a targeted professional audience.
- Develop and maintain contacts with members of the legal community in assigned focus areas.
- Assist with online and print publishing tasks as needed.
- Work with colleagues and other departments to foster company goals.
- Contribute to product development as needed.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- J.D. preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism or related field.
- 1+ years of experience in legal journalism, news or other writing environment.
- Superior writing skills, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with Associated Press style.
- Proven news judgment and analytical ability.
- Experience using online legal research platforms.
- Ability to quickly learn and master new technologies.
- Ability to prioritize concurrent projects and adhere to challenging deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and change quickly to meet the needs of ongoing responsibilities and emerging projects.
As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own. "According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2017 fiscal year (October 1, 2016-September 30, 2017)."
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Washington-District of Columbia-United States of America;Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America;Wayne-Pennsylvania-United States of America
Req #: JREQ086699
Locations: Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America|Washington-District of Columbia-United States of America|Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America|Wayne-Pennsylvania-United States of America
Job Function: Publishing / Editorial
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top