Legal Tracker Product Manager
This multi-disciplined role will encompass all aspects of product management for a SaaS product, including market analysis, customer outreach, project management, user interface (UI) prototyping and workflow analysis to deliver the highest quality features and functionality. In addition this role will be responsible for managing internal cross-product interoperability initiatives. This person will work directly with and report to the Director of Product Management.
The Product Manager is responsible for leading key elements of the product strategy for the Legal Tracker e-billing and matter management legal operations application including billing, time, budgeting and other financial reporting and management workflows. The primary responsibilities include the collecting of customer requirements, conducting market and competitive research, product planning, and launch activities. The product manager requires a blend of legal industry, accounting, and software expertise.
- Manage complete product lifecycle including market requirements, product release plans, user story and success criteria authoring, and product launch activities
- Drive and communicate competitive comparison assessment of product line to ensure clear understand of product position in the market
- Research target market changes and trends and use analysis to identify market requirements for current and future product consideration
- Generate buy/build/partner product business cases to meet market and customer requirements, product design goals, and business objectives
- Partner with customers and internal stakeholders to validate requirements and priorities through various forums (meetings, focus groups, CRM analysis, etc…)
- Collaborate with user experience, product development, operations, service, and support departments and define product design and plans that align to product priorities and meet market demand
- Provide ongoing communication on product roadmap and release plans to the organization and customers while aligning the message to the market needs
- Continually build and prioritize user story backlog and participate in grooming sessions to communicate clearly the story intent and acceptance criteria
- Optimize internal processes to accelerate cost-effective market delivery
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, work with all departments to execute.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Ability to apply innovative solutions to meeting market needs through new concepts with technology, user experience or internal procedures
- Driven to provide quality work product that meets high-standards
- Demonstrate strong business acumen throughout the product management lifecycle
- Ability to think like a customer
- Strong relationship management and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change and champion it
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business-related field required: MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 4 years of software product management or related role
- Strong project management background and ability to manage a cross-functional team to deliver software releases
- Experience with Agile / Scrum software development desired
- Experience in accounting, finance and/or legal operations
- Software as a Service (SaaS) business experience highly desired
- Strong self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced software development environment
- Demonstrated ability to bring new product to market in a competitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to define product roadmap, to translate business problems into product requirements, and to launch products to stakeholders, the market, and customers
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Exceptional communication skills, written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to travel
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top