Legal Research Analyst [Contract Position]
The Legal Research Analyst position is primarily responsible for analyzing legal information in Westlaw and working with Product Management to determine how to better leverage that information for legal researchers.
- Identifying relationships among legal information sets
- Conducting significant core legal research to identify critical legal authority on specific issues
- Making fine-grain, qualitative judgments of legal content
- Monitoring performance of new products and enhancements through testing and grading evaluations
- Collaborating with team members and internal stakeholders to better leverage key legal research information
- JD required
- Admission to a state barpreferred
- 1–3 years of legalexperience preferred
- Strong legal researchskills with experience using Westlaw and other legal research tools
- Ability to interpret,analyze, organize, and express complex legal material quickly and accurately
- Ability to effectivelyhandle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changingenvironment
- Ability to workindependently, consistently meet deadlines, and achieve individual objectiveswithin larger team projects
- Strong oral and writtencommunication skills
- Strong computer skillsincluding applications such as the Microsoft Office applications: Word, Exceland Outlook
Because this is a contractual role, contractors who acceptthe position will be hired through our contingent workforce management partner,PrideOne. Contractors will not be employees of Thomson Reuters and will receivea W-2
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on www.thomsonreuters.com
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top