Legal Product Specialist
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
The Legal Product Specialist will:
- Coordinate Practical Law editorial involvement in the development, continued improvement and maintenance of Practical Law products.
- Create and implement editorial processes.
- Identify and track issues; coordinate resolutions where applicable.
- Maintain and manage internal progress charts, databases and folders.
- Work closely with applicable Practical Law editors and other teams to ensure effective collaboration (including scheduling meetings and arranging trainings).
- Partner with Product Managers and other Thomson Reuters legal business units (e.g. New Product Development & Legal Editorial Operations) and act as a Practical Law representative on the development of integrated TR legal workflow products.
- Lead cross-functional meetings in order to ensure on-time, in-scope delivery of new products or enhancements.
- Assist senior product manager in managing the development lifecycle for elements of new and / or enhanced Practical Law propositions, products and/or service launches and post-launch activities.
- Identify development requirements based on feedback from PM, segments and PL Editorial
- Collaborate with Technology Development staff through cycle of agile development.
- Support launch rollout and ongoing maintenance of product build.
- Provide additional support for the development of TR legal workflow solutions and other projects as required.
- Assist with the investigation and development of cost estimates and business cases for capital investments.
- Provide product oversight, including troubleshooting and quality assurance testing of new products and enhancements.
- Support additional product launches as needed.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Candidates must have at least the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of three years work experience, including two years of experience in product or project management or similar role. Related experience at a law firm, in-house legal department or online legal or financial publishing company preferred.
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Strong familiarity with, and proven ability to implement innovative solutions using, Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues, particularly in a group setting.
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment.
- Excellent IT, administrative and organization skills.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
L Product Management
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top