Legal News Insights Analyst, Reuters
- New York, NY
The Legal News Insights Analyst is a key role within the Data + Insights team of Reuters. The role reports to the Director of Audience Insights at Reuters. This individual will partner across product, strategy, sales & marketing teams to generate data-enabled insights that will empower Reuters to accelerate growth globally.
Responsibilities include building strong relationships across the organization to understand and foresee the needs of the business that can be helped through rigorous testing, learning and analysis of data. This role will be the key generator of insights from Legal news users focused on data interrogation, analysis and development of recommendations through data-enabled story telling with a primary focus on Reuters.com and the digital experience.
Our ideal candidate is someone with an intense curiosity and passion for problem solving, the ability to envision solutions, a positive can-do-attitude, along with strong communications and interpersonal skills.
About the Role
In this opportunity, as a Legal News Insights Analyst, you will :
- Handle day to day relationship between Data + Insights team, product and sales & marketing teams within Reuters
- Serve as data and insights subject matter expert for Reuters.com, legal news
- Establish and enforce rigorous Test & Learn frameworks within the area of focus
- Create Measurement and Test & Learn plans and guide them through execution and analysis
- Guide technology teams on proper measurement and tagging approaches for Reuters.com and other digital properties
- Report on commercial trends, brand and enterprise performance, competitive and marketing performance
- Anticipate internal and external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements
- Solves unique and complex problems; uses conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Enforce measurement planning and execution
- Gather and analyze of insights from ongoing efforts
To be our Legal News Insights Analyst, you will likely have:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4+ years in marketing, analytics or customer insights
- Legal industry experience
- Capable of managing multiple projects within a deadline-driven environment
- Strong analytical skills with emphasis on telling story with data
- Comprehensive understanding of operational activities, processes and systems
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics, Segment.io, Amplitude and other digital measurement tools
- Working knowledge of DMPs such as Adobe Audience Manager, Krux or Permutive
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform
- Knowledge of Eloqua
- Working knowledge of database design, applications, and data flows desired
- Strong ability to create reports in Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Familiarity with SQL
- Working knowledge of SAS, JMP, R, or other statistical packages
- Experience with data integration and data transfer processes
- Knack to for building relationships with cross-functional teams by influencing
- Comprehensive understanding of Test & Learn frameworks
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proactive and highly organized
- Excellent PowerPoint & Excel skills
- Media industry experience
- Understanding of data science concepts
- Basic knowledge of integrated marketing and customer relationship management disciplines desired
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases
Reuters is the world's largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Chicago-Illinois-United States of America;Dallas-Texas-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America;San Francisco-California-United States of America
Back to top