Legal Intern, Practical Law
Thomson Reuters is currently seeking motivated law students to work on legal research and content projects within our Practical Law team. Under the supervision of project leaders, these Legal Interns will conduct legal research, engage in quality assurance review of new content and linking, assist with quality assurance of legal-oriented marketing content, analyze and summarize changes to primary law, prepare and process legal agreements, and provide additional support to teams creating and maintaining Practical Law content on WestlawNext.
- Completion of first or second year of ABA-accredited law school.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated strong legal research, writing, and analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, organize, and express complex legal material quickly and accurately.
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, consistently meet deadlines, and achieve individual objectives within larger team projects.
- Experience using WestlawNext and Microsoft Office products.
- 10-20 hours per week at onsite location in Eagan, MN or New York, NY during school terms, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer and while on breaks.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America
Back to top