Legal Editorial Internship
Are you a current law student looking to leverage your legal know-how as you continue to build and refine your research and analytical skills? Are you interested in gaining hands-on experience in a corporate environment while building your professional network? If so, Thomson Reuters has the internship for you.
We are currently seeking motivated law students to support our Legal Judicial Editorial team through a part-time internship of 15 to 20 hours per week. As a Legal Editorial Intern, you will work under the supervision of project leaders and be responsible for examining expert witness documents and classifying them to Thomson Reuters content hierarchies: one based on expertise type and one based on case type.
This opportunity will allow you to gain valuable skills in analyzing and classifying large amounts of legal information and build your network across Thomson Reuters Legal business.
- Examine expert witness documents and classify them to Thomson Reuters hierarchies
- Conduct legal and factual research as required
- Become acquainted with department business processes
- Support the department staff on projects and tasks as needed
Skills & Profile:
- Proven legal research skills
- Westlaw experience highly preferred
- Ability to work proactively and effectively within a fast-paced, complex and dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills
- High levels of self-direction, self-motivation and energy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively relate to and build relationships with all levels of staff
- Completion of first or second year of ABA-accredited law school
- Excellent undergraduate and law school academic credentials
- Strong computer abilities, including use of Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel highly preferred)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top