Legal Editor, Privacy & Data Security
Job Title: Legal Editor
Practical Law US is looking for a Legal Editor to join our Privacy & Data Security team who will be responsible to:
Draft and maintain core resources focused on global privacy and data security laws and regulations, including legal updates, Q&A guides, practice notes, annotated standard-form documents, and checklists covering current legal developments, regulatory issues, transactions, and legal practice.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Independently, and with minimal senior editor supervision, research, draft, and edit core resources focused on global privacy and data security laws and regulations, including practice notes, Q&A guides, annotated standard-form documents, and checklists covering current legal developments, regulatory issues, transactions, and legal practice.
- Analyze and monitor global privacy and data security law and regulatory legal developments and update core resources for changes in law and legal practice.
- Assign and edit legal updates summarizing current developments in global privacy and data security law and legal practice.
- Work with external authors to solicit and edit contributed works.
- Assist with additional editorial-related projects, as needed.
- JD required.
- 5+ years' experience with Practical Law, a law firm, government or in-house counsel, with 3+ years of experience required researching, writing about, or advising clients on privacy and data security laws, including global data protection laws.
- Understand current market issues and proposals to enact, amend, or change privacy and data security laws or regulations.
- Strong knowledge of US and global data privacy and security laws.
- Excellent ability to research, draft, and edit complex core resources.
- Ability to multi-task, work effectively with team and work effectively with minimal supervision and senior editor editing.
- Ability to take on and effectively manage additional editorial-related projects, as needed.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to submit a writing sample.
Depending on geography this role has the ability to be in a remote home office anywhere in the United States if not located near a Thomson Reuters office.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Chicago-Illinois-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America;Washington-District of Columbia-United States of America
Back to top