We are looking for a Legal Editor to join our team of experienced editors. In this role you help provide our customers with the most up to date and best in class legal publications.
As a Legal Editor, you will assist with the delivery of case content for leading products such as FirstPoint and the Australian Digest. The work includes:
- Classifying cases in accordance with the Australian Digest classification key;
- Adding case relationships and litigation history to the cases database;
- Writing digest notes for significant cases;
- Verifying and updating cases references;
- Conducting online Quality Assurance; and
- Assisting the Team Leader and Senior Legal Editors on specific cases projects and t o be successful in the role you will be an experienced Editor or legal professional who is customer focused, has a strong eye for detail, enjoys working collaboratively within a team environment and has the commercial acumen to support product development. You will have editorial experience, ideally, gained in a legal publishing environment. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Degree in Law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent awareness of correct grammar and spelling
- Attention to detail and ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Ability to work well both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and respond positively to change
- Legal research skills highly regarded (both hard copy and online)
- XML skills preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Pyrmont-New South Wales-Australia
Back to top