Practical Law, a Thomson Reuters business, is seeking a legal assistant to join our Corporate and M&A Service who will:
- Coordinate website trawling results for delivery to Senior Legal Editors.
- Perform complex searches on the SEC website and other secondary source sites to track public filings and coordinate results for delivery to Senior What's Market Analysts.
- Track and provide support for the preparation and maintenance of published resources, including standard form documents, practice guidance notes, checklists and deal summaries in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Assist with the preparation and publication of legal updates and the weekly legal update email for the Corporate and M&A service.
- Assist Senior Legal Editors and Senior What's Market Analysts with research and other special projects, webinars and administrative tasks.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelors degree, with some legal assistant experience preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with, and interest in, the legal market.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good writing and editing skills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation and plain English; and
- strong technical drafting skills.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to be a good team player.
- Comfort with technology and online publishing.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top