Practical Law, a Thomson Reuters business, is seeking a legal assistant to join our Corporate and M&A Service who will:
- Coordinate website trawling results for delivery to Senior Legal Editors.
- Perform complex searches on the SEC website and other secondary source sites to track public filings and coordinate results for delivery to Senior What's Market Analysts.
- Track and provide support for the preparation and maintenance of published resources, including standard form documents, practice guidance notes, checklists and deal summaries in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Assist with the preparation and publication of legal updates and the weekly legal update email for the Corporate and M&A service.
- Assist Senior Legal Editors and Senior What's Market Analysts with research and other special projects, webinars and administrative tasks.
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelors degree, with some legal assistant experience preferred, but not required.
- 0-3 years experience
- Familiarity with, and interest in, the legal market.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good writing and editing skills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation and plain English; and
- strong technical drafting skills.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to be a good team player.
- Comfort with technology and online publishing.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2016 fiscal year (October 1, 2015-September 30, 2016).
L Product Management
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top