Learning & Development Manager - Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Tax and Accounting
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in Dallas, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto.
Position Title: Learning & Development Manager - Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
Location: Currently, London, Docklands Technical Centre, from December 2017, Canary Wharf
Requisition No: JREQ075445
Develop, implement and manage the training function for Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting Corporate business, EMEA. The training programme supports external and internal customers and drives retention, product preference and increased usage among customers and knowledge of and confidence with our products among staff.
Working with internal and external resource, this is an opportunity to develop a programme of training to include classroom, on-site, remote, modular and e-learning that best meets the needs of customers and provides TR a competitive advantage within the marketplace.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Assess existing training provision and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop, implement and manage more modular, flexible approach to current training provision that may incorporate virtual learning/webinar/e-learning.
- Recommend a pricing structure that encourages customers to undertake training, provides competitive advantage and generates revenue for TR.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training and course outcomes and report accordingly.
- Ensure accurate and effective reporting on course attendance, costs, revenue.
- Work with 3rd party to create pool of training resource and assess and evaluate trainers to ensure thorough knowledge of our courses and excellent standards of delivery
- Work closely with content and development teams to update materials as and when required
- Gain professional accreditation for TRTA courses via appropriate industry body
Working with administrative assistant:
- Oversight of design of course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises to create a consistent brand offering across all product sets.
- Oversee the arrangement of venues for training, this will include gaining an understanding of what training facilities are available within client offices or at offsite venues.
- Ensure timely and effective preparation of the training environment and resources, including IT equipment, software, course materials.
- Take responsibility for maintenance of hardware and software used for training purposes and recommend repairs and upgrades where appropriate.
- Liaise with the Marketing team to ensure training courses are marketed effectively.
- Ensure all booking, billing, tracking and other administration tasks dealt with efficiently and on time.
- Undertake required hours of work as required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- New and existing customers (external and internal)
- Partners (external)
- Customer Support team (internal)
- Client Services team (internal)
- PS Migrations team (internal)
- Content & Development teams (internal)
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of managing a training function within a customer-facing training environment.
- Experience of managing all aspects of a profitable training programme.
- Proven ability to evaluate training delivery and be able to "train the trainer".
- Proven ability to work with and bring together numerous teams - both internally and outsourced - to provide a coherent programme.
- Familiarity/understanding of software training, e-learning, remote learning.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience within the tax and / or accountancy industry.
- Tax and/or accounting professional qualification.
- Educated to degree level.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top