Lead Vendor Management Analyst (Eagan, MN location)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Strategic Vendor Management strives to maximize vendor relationships throughout the contract life cycle to realize contract value, promote collaboration, and drive value with key suppliers. Our success in this effort allows our businesses to run smoothly without disruption and supports the delivery of Thomson Reuter's strategic plan to better serve our customers by reducing the cost and complexity of technologies.
We are currently seeking a Lead Vendor Management Analyst to join our team! In this role, you will be directly responsible for Adobe & Security disciplines where you will drive, consolidate, and interpret daily vendor activities into overarching view of Thomson Reuters' activity including delivering scale, cost savings, and increased revenue. This role is a key appointment and will be focused on leveraging operational level understanding and engagement with vendor management team and leadership, providing support around vendor interaction, reliance, performance, and requirements to drive value from current and future vendor agreements.
- Collaborate with Technology Owners to understand all aspects of our Security and Adobe estate and work with sourcing to align our contract strategy to obtain the best commercial terms for Thomson Reuters.
- Provide an overarching vendor strategy for the vendors in the Security and Adobe estate.
- Develop market analysis and vendor strategies to meet business needs and extract maximum value from the vendor relationship/contract
- Provide strategic insights around various dimensions of the vendor portfolio – including cost optimization, demand management, risk and performance
- Participate in deal team, assist and participate in negotiations, including meetings, evaluations and documentation
- Establish governance to be applied, particularly during the contracting process
- Develop and execute a robust communications strategy to advise key stakeholders of the program status, including coordination of the agenda and reporting for the Executive Vendor Management Committee
- Effectively communicate a clear and concise contract overview (summary of key contract terms, risks, opportunities and service delivery guidelines) to key stakeholders, and provide clarity on contract terms as needed
- Support strategic maintenance renewals and new deals across Thomson Reuters
- Work closely with IT Asset Management to develop asset management practices and processes to ensure compliance to contract
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (business, management, computer science, engineering, or related technical field) or equivalent experience.
- 7 years combined experience in technology, technology sourcing or vendor management to include:
- Experience consulting and advising executive sponsors on negotiation points.
- Ability to interpret complex software license agreements, and identify & translate the risk/opportunities relative to Business /technical needs.
- Sound business instincts and analytical capabilities that can be leveraged to generate logically sound conclusions regarding technology, contract, and communication strategies
- Experience researching market intelligence and communicating the commercial impact of such information back to internal decision makers for timely resolve
- Ability to build and maintain supplier relationships and manage supplier performance
- Experience working with matrixed, global teams, and managing priorities across groups.
- Experience negotiating and tailoring contract Terms &Conditions
- Experience in compliance processes
- Prior experience with Security or Adobe discipline
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top