Lead UI Developer
We are seeking a highly motivated Front End UI Developer with experience in enterprise and/or hosted applications development. As a developer in our core development team, you will work closely with a very experienced team to extend and support our industry-leading tax and reporting applications and work with the latest technologies.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Designing object -oriented and service-oriented architectures
- Programming and unit testing of code based upon design sessions with internal software users, customer-reported issues, and input from Business System Analysts, Marketing, Professional Services, and Support
- Unit and performance testing of design as part of development cycle
- Developing and re-factoring existing products, providing product enhancements and resolving product defects to meet customer issues
- Providing technical expertise and peer code reviews to other team members
- Providing architectural input on new and existing solutions
- Writing technical specifications, program documentation, and unit test plans for all work performed
- Maintaining solid relationships within R&D and with cross-functional peers
- Assisting in Quality Assurance process and customer issue resolution
- Partnering with Quality Assurance to drive high-quality, on-time deliverables
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of professional experience designing, developing, deploying, and supporting products in an enterprise or SaaS environment
- Experience with full life cycle development: requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and acceptance testing
- Experience with application scaffolding tools, automation & development tools, and dependency management (e.g. Yeoman, Bower, npm, grunt)
- Experience integrating REST web services with UI
- Experience with package managers such as npm, and bower for managing dependencies
- Experience with Front-end code debugging tools like Chrome Dev Tools
- Experience with CSS pre-compilers (LESS, SASS)
- Experience with agile/ scrum development methodologies
Experience in any of the following is considered a plus:
- Familiarity Version control systems (SVN/GIT) experience
- Experience with Photoshop
- Prior work experience in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Performance testing, analysis, and tuning experience
Other specialized knowledge and skills required:
- Proven strong analytical design and trouble-shooting skills
- Highly accountable for meeting all commitments and deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal for technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Drive for continuous process improvement
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top