Lead Threat and Vulnerability Management Analyst
- Minneapolis, MN
Thomson Reuters is seeking a Lead Threat and Vulnerability Management Analyst, to assist in the strategic development and implementation of a rapidly maturing program within the Thomson Reuters Cyber Defense Team. This individual will be recognized as a subject matter expert in the area of information security, have deep experience in secure system design and engineering, and demonstrate exceptional business consulting skills. Our target candidate will demonstrate an ability to influence the strategy for how the team will partner with business technology teams to identify cyber security risks and threats, design solutions to protect critical systems, and continuously improve the overall hygiene of TR's estate.
- Provide strategic technical guidance to senior management, business technology teams and functional organizations across the company;
- Provide expertise and guidance in managing and configuring the enabling technology platforms for the team (e.g., Qualys and Veracode);
- Manage third party vendor relationships to accurately depict Thomson Reuters security posture in the public domain;
- Lead the team in analyzing vulnerability scan results, identifying vulnerability patterns, and partners with business technology teams to define and execute streamlined processes to remediate vulnerable systems across the estate;
- Support the team in analyzing application security testing reports and working with the various business units to drive remediation efforts;
- Inspire change across the enterprise to drive a more responsible and accountable culture for improving the security posture;
- Deliver against the transformation strategy that defines the people, process, and technology capabilities needed to improve TR's identify and protect functions within the broader NIST Framework(s);
- Help drive strategic direction of the program while providing technical remediation guidance to the various technology groups, across various business units;
- Drive the technology roadmap, defining current and future security platform lifecycles (candidate, POC, deployed, pending decommission) to continuously improve TR's security controls posture;
- Prepare strategic updates and vision documents, briefings, and reports, and demonstrates excellent communication skills and executive presence in presentations to TR executives, customers, and partners
Behaviors and Ways of Working:
- Experience acting as change agent, driving continuous improvement and excellence
- Experience leading critical operational functions within large, complex commercial environments
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic, fast-changing, and innovative environment
- A working style that is collaborative, energetic, and results-oriented
- Demonstrates the ability to employ judgment and experience to make rapid, complex decisions
- Ability to influence others, earn followership, and drive consensus across different stakeholder groups
- Exceptional critical thinking skills that extend beyond the typical information security subject matter
- The ability to flex styles to work well with a range of personalities from extremely technical team members to non-technical business leaders
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Security or related degree required; Industry Certs or Masters Preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working across technology teams in a global organization;
- Prior experience leading large-scale projects or initiatives in a global organization
Occasional travel may be required, up to 25% of the time.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Minneapolis-Minnesota-United States of America;Richmond-Virginia-United States of America
Back to top