Lead Technical Specialist, Eikon (Eagan MN location)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
What does it take to run a continuously evolving 24x7x365 system that fields over 150 million daily requests from over 700,000 global users, with weekly Production releases and forms the core engine for Thomson Reuters' Financial & Risk platform?
If OSS, anti-fragility, high performance, sub-second latencies appeal to you, then we would like to speak with you!
Our Enterprise Tools organization is seeking a Lead Technical Specialist to join the Eikon Edge Infrastructure team. This team supports the infrastructure that powers the gateway for Eikon, Thomson Reuters' premier financial desktop product used by all leading financial institutions and banks around the world.
Our candidate is passionate about producing high quality, highly available software that combines the best of the Open Source technologies with a strong Security and DevOps focus.
As a Lead Technical Specialist, you will own the design & implementation for this core engine and complete current efforts to make it fully OSS compliant. You will contribute to ongoing transformation initiatives to make this offering Public Cloud ready while covering needed security and operational needs. You will work with various technologies, from ANSI C, shell scripting, and Python to tools like Docker and AWS Beanstalk. You will collaborate with teams across the globe to deliver the next generation solutions.
- Perform technical activities relating to development and support of the Eikon Edge Infrastructure.
- Design and implement application monitoring, alerting, and reporting tools to improve operability.
- Collaborate with architects, application development teams, business partners, and data center teams
- Respond to incidents, proactively seek mitigation steps and produce comprehensive preventative actions
- Act as an escalation point for critical customer-facing incidents
- Analyze thread/memory/process dumps and other application or system metrics to identify application problems and code bugs
- Drive application performance tuning, capacity planning by being the subject matter expert
- Communicate project and incident statuses to product stakeholders and upper management
- Report on stability and performance metrics to product stakeholders and upper management
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science Engineering, or related field
- 7 years of experience developing mission critical software
- Sound knowledge in C/C , Python, Perl, NodeJS, multi-threaded programming, performance fine-tuning
- In depth knowledge of Unix/Linux OS internals, shell scripting, debugging skills.
- Adept in HTTP & TCP fundamentals, networking, encryption, SSL/TLS, web standards REST, JSON, SOAP
- Familiar with Agile development and testing practices, TDD, test frameworks and popular CM tools
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to work with remote teams
- Self-organizing and effective time and priority management skills
- Knowledge of Public Cloud - tools, architecture, development is highly desirable
- Leading by example, ready to solicit, share ideas
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top