Lead Support Engineer
Thomson Reuters Elektron Real Time is a low-latency consolidated global data feed that delivers full tick, depth-of-market data; helping customers to source better quality information and minimize the total cost of ownership of their real time infrastructures. Elektron Real Time improves the accuracy, breadth and depth of content that Thomson Reuters delivers and provides a step change in the latency of data distribution by leveraging a truly distributed global architecture. The new feed infrastructure is also sufficiently flexible to accommodate any quality-of-service requirement and is built on a unified and extensible data model to make content easier to on-board and integrate into downstream applications. To simplify the process to switch to this new feed, Thomson Reuters provides customers and ensures backwards compatibility with legacy data models.
We are seeking a highly motivated Systems Support Engineer with at least 5 years of experience in supporting the financial industry. As a Lead Support Engineer in our team, you will work closely with a very experienced development team in supporting our industry-leading Elektron Real Time Distribution software solution.
- Collaborate with globally-based support colleagues to further investigate issues with Elektron Real Time Distribution software components.
- Closely work with development and QA teams as needed to bring issues to resolution.
- Apply and leverage knowledge and expertise of Elektron Real Time components to provide thorough technical analysis, root cause and issue replication of complex issues.
- Partner with QA team to write Robot framework test cases using Python based key words.
- Participate in Support case reviews
- Contribute to product and internal documentation.
- Handle multiple complex issues in a challenging, dynamic technical environment.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 5 or more years of computer software industry experience in real-time, multi-threaded systems, with an emphasis on technical analysis and problem solving
- Solid, demonstrated experience with Linux/Solaris and Windows Operating Systems - including shell scripting, Python, basic system administration, system tools, procedures - that aid in operation and troubleshooting of software components that operate in those environments
- Knowledge and experience in real-time C/C programming
- Experience in network programming (e.g., sockets, TCP/IP, UDP, multicast)
- Strong, demonstrated analytical troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Financial industry/Market Data, and Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform (TREP) experience a strong plus
- Bachelors degree in CS, Engineering or related is required; masters preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top