Lead Software UI Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Software UI Engineer to joinThomson Reuters Elite - eBillingHub technology team. The eBHopportunity is a unique opportunity to join a team during the early stages ofdevelopment and requirements gathering. The candidate will aid us indetermining the best option for a framework to standardize on, and the decisionof which technologies to leverage to meet our goals. This type of "greenfield" development work is highly gratifying and allows the candidate toleverage their existing skills and work closely with our business team todevelop a solution. You will also havethe opportunity to work with Azure and cloud-based computing (and we will helptrain and support this effort).
The ideal candidate will have experience designing anddeveloping front-end UI's using frameworks such as Angular to buildcommercially available applications and have a strong understanding of the .Netframework, Web Services, Web/UI technologies, and C#. Reasonable workingknowledge of MS Team Foundation Server is preferred. We are also looking forsomeone who is well versed with agile development methodologies (SCRUM) andexposure to Test Driven Development (TDD) is desired.
Elite eBillingHub, part of the Legal EnterpriseSolutions business within Thomson Reuters, is the leading provider of billingsolutions for law firms and other professional services organizations. Wecombine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver acomprehensive set of solutions including Web communications, relationship andcontact management, and experience management as well as proposalgeneration. Today, more than 300 organizations worldwide, including NLJ250, AmLaw 100 and Global 50 law firms, trust us to provide the tools they needto succeed.
- Completed Bachelors in Computer Science or similar technical 4 year degree
- 6 years of software development experience
- Experience with Material Design
- Experience building web component libraries
- 2 years of experience working with Node.js and familiarity with Express.js
- Hands-on experience with one or more Unit Testing Frameworks
- Exposure to Protobuffer, thrift, one of gulp/grunt/web pack, HTML, sass/CSS
- An understanding of RESTful APIs and experience working with backend developers to design and consume them
- A passion for producing clean, maintainable, robust, well-tested code
- An eagerness to share what you know learn what you don't
- Familiarity with scripting languages ( Fill in the blank) is a plus
- Understanding of web services technologies such as Angular, Material Design, HTTP, XSD, and REST
- Experience with Material Design and frameworks
- Passion for creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top