Lead Software Test Engineer
Are you energetic about using web technologies, open-source frameworks, and cutting-edge tools in a dynamic environment? Do you enjoy applying your technical acumen to clarify and understand requirements, then ensure test approach and test coverage are well defined? Do you want to be part of the business within Thomson Reuters targeted at the fast growing eDiscovery market? Then we want you on our next-generation legal product development team at Thomson Reuters!
Thomson Reuters Technology team in Eagan, MN is looking for a highly-motivated engineer who is passionate about delivering quality products to our customers. Our Technology team works in an innovative and fast-paced environment, building large-scale systems and solutions for attorneys and customers in the Litigation/eDiscovery areas. We seek a results-driven, team-oriented, self-motivated leader who combines exceptional software quality credentials with a high degree of business acumen to lead our quality measurement and automation efforts for web-based applications and SaaS solutions and products.
The Lead Software Test Engineer will provide technical leadership to the software quality testers on automation tools, automation frameworks, and general QA automation best practices. You will partner with development teams to streamline quality processes, tools, technologies and automation to maintain superior product quality and high team efficiency.
In this exciting role, you will be accountable for the development and implementation of robust test automation frameworks, and general QA automation best practices for web based applications with high performance and scale requirements. You will also be responsible for test metrics and reporting as a measure of quality assurance throughout our Agile release schedule.
- Accountable for overall end-to-end product and/or multi-product integration quality to ensure product quality.
- Lead automation strategy, approach and best practices. Establishes a consistent, scalable testing framework that complements the continuous delivery of cloud-native/web applications.
- Develop robust automation frameworks that meet our Global Legal application/solution needs and will scale for future growth across a variety of technologies.
- Design and implement a process for delivering automation within agile delivery teams, including automation criteria.
- Provide metrics upon execution of smoke and regression suites to establish baselines and track quality and efficiency improvements over time.
- Ensure code quality, leveragability, scalability (performance & scale tests), maintainability (cyclomatic complexity), and product integration quality.
- Coach and provide technical leadership to others on the team.
- Communicate software testing and automation best practices with team; including new and emerging technologies.
- 5 years of experience in one or more programming languages, software engineering methodologies, and software quality tools:
- C#/.NET, MS Visual Studio
- Java, Eclipse
- Test Complete
- SOAP UI/Groovy
- SQL (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- JUnit, NUnit MS Test
- Proven experience in creating Quality Strategy and setting Quality direction to ensure product quality over the life of the project, including product integration activities is highly desired.
- Proven experience with developing testing automation frameworks for large scale web or SaaS applications.
- Experience with developing, writing and executing robust test scripts.
- Experience with developing both front-end and back-end automation tests.
- Understanding of security best practices for web development.
- Experience with Agile software development practices.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with the software tools and techniques used in software development and automated testing.
- Demonstrated technology leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into test strategy and test cases.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to get work done through others.
- Must be motivated; a self-starter, results oriented individual with a successful track record.
- Ability to define testing tasks and provide estimates in agile development environment for integration and end-to-end quality.
- Ability to research new and emerging technologies and automation tools/frameworks.
- Effective time management, ability to plan and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to lead automation initiatives across teams and department.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and build solid relationships with team members.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to present ideas and document artifacts to business, technology and executive audiences.
- eDiscovery skills and experience a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required. Computer Science degree preferred.
- 5 years of related experience.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top