Lead Software Engineer - Web
FindLaw is the leading provider of business development solutions for law firms and home to the largest online destination for people with legal needs (www.findlaw.com). Our integrated marketing solutions help law firms grow their practice through strategic digital marketing approaches that drive results. As part of Thomson Reuters, we have access to resources rich in experience and the latest market trends, as well as industry standard tools and technologies to enable our success.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you are a critical member of an Agile team responsible for developing solutions that help our customers create a more effective digital presence. You will contribute to and drive full-stack design and development on our public-facing web properties, while collaborating closely with business partners and stakeholders (e.g. Product Manager, Project Manager, Business Analyst, QA, Architects) throughout the Agile process.
- Provide thought leadership for our public-facing web properties and applications.
- Produce high-quality, secure software that is unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Partner in all phases of Agile delivery, such as project chartering, story mapping, and sprint planning.
- Be accountable for application integrity by promoting software development best practices that support efficient coding, maintenance, release deployment, and reduce the likelihood of defects making their way into the production environment.
- Act as a consultant and knowledge base for our business and technology stakeholders.
- Bring a curious mindset, striving to learn something new every day, while focusing on delivering innovative solutions for our organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred.
- 5+ years relevant software development experience focused on public-facing web properties.
- Design and development experience working with high-traffic, public-facing web properties.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills, and familiarity with common debugging tools (Chrome Dev Tools, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to craft semantic HTML and CSS to meet responsive design and cross-browser requirements.
- Experience with both back-end and front-end performance analysis.
- Familiarity with cross-browser functional testing as well as an awareness of common web development pitfalls and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective cross-functional relationships.
- Adept at tailoring communication to the audience, from technical stakeholders to executives.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top