Lead Software Engineer - F&R
"This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html "
Thomson Reuters is looking for a talented technologist who is interested in latest web technology and leading the build out of new time series APIs for the next generation of flagship desktop product.
- Leads the design and implementation of new time series APIs in alignment with modern architecture enhancements of Time Series Infrastructure and Eikon Framework/Desktop.
- Leads technical efforts and monitors implementation to ensure system quality.
- Contributes to and maintains technical documentation related to assigned components to ensure supportability.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the API development
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Knowledge of Public APIs, Time Series Infrastructure, Eikon Charting, Eikon Excel, Eikon T&S and Eikon Framework/Desktop is an advantage.
- Thai national or must be legally able to work in Thailand without the company having to obtain a work permit .
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top